Cod Forum | Vital Football

Cod Forum

Ex-Ref

Vital Squad Member
Typical of many posters on The Fishy are these remarks -let's hope our fast wingers do their stuff on Saturday.

"Still trying to get my head round Slade's post match comments that we were the much better side last night. I think he's losing the plot.

Colchester were pooe...so were GTFC. Play like that on Saturday and we will be humiliated.

We have the oldest back four in the history of football with little mobility. We are devoid of any attacking ideas apart from hoofing hopeful 50 yard balls for our strikers to try and win what are no better than 50/50's. No creativity in the middle of the park and the only flair is on the wings but we dont get them into the game enough.

Slade has built up a big squad of over 30 players but already the centre midfield area looks woefully inadequate. Plenty of endeavour in the team, cant knock them for that, and i think there is some quality in there somewhere but the tactics leave me numb.

gates are dwindling and fans are voting with their feet. Its boring to watch and not even getting results. Colchester were poor last night and in the end we have had to salvage a late point. Simply not good enough.

Slade has never won a promotion in his career...and the signs are he is dong nothing to threaten that record. I take the point over constantly changing managers rarely leads to success but sometimes (like Bignot) you have to quickly realise the current manager is not the right one"

"Colchester were pooe...so were GTFC. Play like that on Saturday and we will be humiliated"

Here's hoping for that.

berksimps - 27/9/2017 17:47

"Colchester were pooe...so were GTFC. Play like that on Saturday and we will be humiliated"

Here's hoping for that.

Seconded!

Much attention is being lavished on what one Fishy poster called 'the care home defenders'.

How old is that defence, exactly?

LB: Paul Dixon, 30 years/10 months
LCB: Danny Collins, 37 years/1 month
RCB: Nathan Clarke, 33 years/2 months
RB: Ben Davies, 36 years/4 months

Average age: 34 years/4 months

20-year-old speed merchant Josh Ginnelly and 20-year-old speed merchant Harry Anderson might have fun against them, although we do need to look after the old folk.

MaineRoad_96 - 28/9/2017 12:16

Impalex - 27/9/2017 20:14

MaineRoad_96 - 27/9/2017 20:10

Pride comes before a fall and all that. It'll be a tough game on Saturday.

Naah. I think we'll p!$$ it.

Ha! I admire your confidence. I'm clearly still stuck in Lincoln pre-Cowley mode!

Me too - got to say anything can happen in a game like that. Especially if a ref who's heard about 'dirty Lincoln' awards a straight red for nothing and we have to play an hour with 10 again

Always great for a laugh and stress relief the fishy forum especially when they loose.If they are honest there is nothing on or off the field about the biggest club in lincolnshire that they love at the moment.
:eek:hno: :no way: :no way: :eek:hno:

Scotimp - 27/9/2017 20:50

Much attention is being lavished on what one Fishy poster called 'the care home defenders'.

How old is that defence, exactly?

LB: Paul Dixon, 30 years/10 months
LCB: Danny Collins, 37 years/1 month
RCB: Nathan Clarke, 33 years/2 months
RB: Ben Davies, 36 years/4 months

Average age: 34 years/4 months

20-year-old speed merchant Josh Ginnelly and 20-year-old speed merchant Harry Anderson might have fun against them, although we do need to look after the old folk.

talking of pace, i thought green also looked pretty quick in the first 45mins last night, working that right channel, especially against nelson [also 37].

Got to say not really a game for rhead again palmer has a lot of pace aswell for a big lad let's take advantage of the old cbs and get in behind them

danimps21 - 28/9/2017 09:25

Got to say not really a game for rhead again palmer has a lot of pace aswell for a big lad let's take advantage of the old cbs and get in behind them

Agreed with this; I don't think Rhead will get much change out of their experienced centre backs. Could be an option late on as a battering ram or to hold the ball up but not from the start for me.

I'm very nervous about the Cods fans' pessimism - seems like they're lowering their expectations so that they don't get too downbeat if they get hammered, or if they beat us they can have a good gloat about how we lost to such a hopeless side.

gijsbert_bos - 28/9/2017 09:35

Agreed with this; I don't think Rhead will get much change out of their experienced centre backs. Could be an option late on as a battering ram or to hold the ball up but not from the start for me.

I'm very nervous about the Cods fans' pessimism - seems like they're lowering their expectations so that they don't get too downbeat if they get hammered, or if they beat us they can have a good gloat about how we lost to such a hopeless side.
They are rightly pessimistic, this is a comfortable away win!

plumbob - 28/9/2017 09:43

They are rightly pessimistic, this is a comfortable away win!

I admire your optimism! :gent:

Clearly there are some of us on here like myself, Maine Road and Lindum who have obviously been watching the Imps for so long that ingrained pessimism pervades our every City thought :pointy: .

I tried to be super upbeat at the start of the season but I think 30 odd years of following the imps has ingrained that cautious and pessimistic approach!

Agreed it will be a tough local derby :shrug:

If you read the comments from their forum etc then easy away win, if you look at the league table and what they've actually done so far then a draw would still be a positive result.

As Don Revie once said when asked a question ahead of playing Real Madrid -"the home fans are worth a goal". His retort was I have never seen the fans score a goal.

Reading further into the various meltdown threads following the Colchester game and looking beyond the obvious hysteria, there are some interesting comments which may be relatively accurate. The ancient defence is a concern for everyone (take note Gino and Hazza), and right back Paul Dixon comes in for particular flak for poor distribution (press, press, press). There is limited movement up front, and the regular tactic is a long ball down the middle of the pitch (cannon-fodder for Raggett and Dickie). The two central midfielders are said to be weak and easily bullied off the ball (take note Mr Bostwick). Their plan A is weak, and there is no plan B.

Much of that may be apocryphal of course. But they do sound like a side vulnerable to strength, pace and movement, all of which Lincoln have in abundance. What Lincoln do not have in abundance is the ability to finish. There will be chances on Saturday, and a win may be on the cards if Lincoln manage to take them.

Just been on for a daily dose( clicks on the fishy dont mean money for the) and they are already moaning about the ref from hull.
:eek:hno: :eek:hno: :eek:hno: