Coach from Ashford | Vital Football

Coach from Ashford

vinney

Vital Reserves Team
I'm trying to gauge interest in how many fans would be interested if I arranged a coach or minibus from Ashford to intially the Oxford game on 28th September. I can't provide any prices until I know if enough fans are interested. This is obviously independent of the club as Peter Lloyd told me they could not provide a coach unless a certain number were committed week after week. Anyway I thought I'd test the water ,so to speak, so if you would be interested with no commitment at this stage,reply on here,and I'll sort out prices, then take it from there.

I always wondered why the club never ran a few coaches to home games from various parts of Kent.

Whenever I went to away games at the likes of Swindon, Reading, Peterboro, Oxford, Southend etc. there seemed to be numerous “home” coaches for their supporters.

I always wondered why the club never ran a few coaches to home games from various parts of Kent.

My guess is that if they started the bus in Dover or Ramsgate then the one or two people they might pick up from there wouldn't justify the extra petrol.

Beats me. Scally was always critical of Charlton for bussing people from parts of Kent [his turf] to the Valley but never did likewise. The last time I was at Plymouth, there were half a dozen coaches from various parts of Devon bringing in 'home' fans.

Beats me. Scally was always critical of Charlton for bussing people from parts of Kent [his turf] to the Valley but never did likewise. The last time I was at Plymouth, there were half a dozen coaches from various parts of Devon bringing in 'home' fans.

Yep, lots of lower div clubs bus their home fans in. At least they used to. And I’m not particularly aiming at Scally here. I was originally talking about the 70’s and 80’s. Lots of clubs that I mentioned above did it back then. But we never have. The whole of Kent could be tapped into in this way.

I'm trying to gauge interest in how many fans would be interested if I arranged a coach or minibus from Ashford to intially the Oxford game on 28th September. I can't provide any prices until I know if enough fans are interested. This is obviously independent of the club as Peter Lloyd told me they could not provide a coach unless a certain number were committed week after week. Anyway I thought I'd test the water ,so to speak, so if you would be interested with no commitment at this stage,reply on here,and I'll sort out prices, then take it from there.

I note that the GISC might yet be running a coach, but would like to applaud you, Vinney, for having the commitment to make even tentative noises about organising transport. If you do get further down that particular road (no pun intended) then good luck and well done for having the spirit to think about it.

I note that the GISC might yet be running a coach, but would like to applaud you, Vinney, for having the commitment to make even tentative noises about organising transport. If you do get further down that particular road (no pun intended) then good luck and well done for having the spirit to think about it.
Thanks Lancs
I've today been and looked at a possible pick-up point just off junction 10 and forwarded to Keith Pestall as he has requested. Hopefully there will be enough response from fans to make it a viable proposition,as you never know, it might increase support from this neck of the woods

Well done to you Vinney. Something like that could as you say drum up more support. I live in Medway so I can't join. But I'm reminded of a couple of years ago when we were away to Colchester for an evening game. We drove up in the afternoon, was in the centre of town in a pub and was wondering how to get to their ground which was about 5 miles away, then was told about the many shuttle buses, so hopped on one of them with the locals.

Well done to you Vinney. Something like that could as you say drum up more support. I live in Medway so I can't join. But I'm reminded of a couple of years ago when we were away to Colchester for an evening game. We drove up in the afternoon, was in the centre of town in a pub and was wondering how to get to their ground which was about 5 miles away, then was told about the many shuttle buses, so hopped on one of them with the locals.

Should do that in Medway. Happens here in Brisbane. Parking not allowed on match days within about 2 miles of the stadiums. Free shuttle buses run from all the major bus intersections where there is heaps of parking. Bus/train to ground is included in your ticket.

I wouldn’t mind the pubs/CAMRA organising something around Medway if it breaks even. Pick-up points perhaps through Strood, Rochester, Flippin Frog/Dead Pigeon/RAMS 12 Degrees, Chatham Waterfront, King George V, Frog & Toad. Get there by 2pm to encourage a few beers in the Factory.

Dhillon’s brewery by Coventry’s Ricoh Stadium now offers a service to and from there to St Andrews.