Club Statement - Ticketing Partner | Page 2 | Vital Football

Club Statement - Ticketing Partner

I found less problems this year (might have something to do with less demand for away tickets šŸ¤£)

As others have said, it served a purpose and an improvement on the old arrangements but gave me headaches on many occasions, however,ironically seemed much improved this season so wouldnt have been too unhappy keeping it.

I seem to recall having one or two problems with Eventbrite, but it served its purpose.

As someone who lives 120 miles away, Eventbrite was a Godsend and equally, I suspect, for the ticket office in not having to deal directly with on-line bookings.

Far from perfect, at times perverse, but it never let me down in that if I wanted tickets for matches, I eventually got them though there were a few squeaky bum moments occasionally.

Post -covid the clubs's needs may be different and another way forward may suit.

On a serious note was a 100% improvement on queueing it always felt not exactly state of the art.
it was that thing about having to enter all your details every time , having to buy tickets one at a time and it not seeming to have any facility to record how many tickets an individual was buying

It got one hell of a lot better as time progressed. Initially it seemed like we were guinea pigs in a trial and error experiment.

It got one hell of a lot better as time progressed. Initially it seemed like we were guinea pigs in a trial and error experiment.

Welcome to coronavirus and Brexit Britain! You too can partake in a pandemic and socio-economic experiment over which you will have no control and which will probably fuck up your entire existence.

Be careful who you vote for.

Their customer service was poor. I changed my email address, and I couldn't buy tickets because my email address and account details didn't match. When I contacted them it took about 2 months, and numerous emails from me before they sorted it. This was despite following their instructions as to how to solve it.

I think the clue is in the name. Eventbrite is built for singular events and is probably why the club is happy to keep the event partnership going. It was never really built for ongoing events that mixed season tickets with singular (but serial) event buyers.

Thought it was excellent. Picked a seat, they emailed ticket for immediate print off. Hard to see a better system from my situation

I get the impression that it was mostly a successful means of money handling and physical queue avoidance. For away tickets in particular the output was hard copy listings that were unduly labour intensive and possibly error inducing for the office staff. The copying and pasting or complexity to create new events was the source of some errors too. The football team have moved upwards, I hope the new suppliers are a similar improvement whilst not costing more for being a brand-name or introducing some distracting bells and whistles. RIP Eventbrite

Can you imagine Raymond burr, a helper and two children booking seats together at goodison Park using event brite?
You might be a bit young to remember ironside Salford? :grinning:

I do remember Ironside. But you can't blame the system for a one offish event. True it was not perfect but it was better than queuing. Also remember even with new ticket system it does not mean the grass will be greener on the other side. Better the the devil you know etc.