Club Statement - Ticketing Partner | Vital Football

Club Statement - Ticketing Partner

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
From the Official Site:

"Following three years with Eventbrite as our ticketing partner, the exclusive partnership agreement will come to an end on 2nd June 2020.

We teamed up with Eventbrite in 2017 following our promotion from the National League and they became our first ever online ticketing partner as the demand for tickets to watch the Imps soared.

We’d like to put on record our thanks to Eventbrite for all of their hard work and commitment during this period and wish them every success for the future.

The club will continue to use the Eventbrite platform for events and some non-match day related activity with our new ticketing partner being announced in due course.

#ImpsAsOne"

I think they served their purpose well. Always good to improve if we can but I don't think EB warranted some of the criticism they got at times, admittedly not on many occasions.

I thought it worked fine.

I think they served their purpose well. Always good to improve if we can but I don't think EB warranted some of the criticism they got at times, admittedly not on many occasions.

Never had any issues with it, that might be because i always got the tickets i wanted even for the most popular games.

For me it was always about preparation.

I always had 3 devices on the go for my 2 tickets, always had 3 devices just in case one failed.

Also if it was a bit slow just a bit of perseverance, i found waiting on the site instead of moaning via Twitter/Facebook a lot better way to guarantee my tickets.

I always thought it was a stop gap measure, and as a solution to the endless queues at the ticket office during our cup runs it certainly did the job...

Clunky as heck backend for the office staff to implement though I suspect (Liam pretty much confirmed it to me at one point), leading to mistakes simply by human error.

So for instance, my season ticket unique number is different on my confirmation email than that actually printed on my season ticket card. Using the number on the email results in my complete inability to buy a ticket, which is fine once you know this of course...

When I got used to the system it worked fine for me, and I am far from a computer wizz, just the opposite. Hope the new system is as good and maybe even better.

I found it mostly ok, barring the occasions when I had mostly sorted the tickets for it to then kick me back to the starting screen! Probably a nightmare scenario though when tickets go on sale at 7pm and everybody piles onto the site to scramble for tickets!

Clearly also explains why I got a refund the other day for the Coventry match without requesting it.

The system worked fine other than having to enter different codes for different people which I think they eventually ironed out to prevent seating problems, but it did the job

On the whole it worked ok for me, though clunky as has been said. The only major problem was, like many, the cup game at Goodison where I got mine ok but was unable to get my elderly dad’s in time ( only one device) and got his in the next window. Girls in the office did a brilliant job shuffling seats around to enable us to sit together. Hopefully the new system will also lessen the manual workload for the office staff.

It was a good solution for a specific need; it sure beat the hell out of driving 265 miles, sleeping in the car and joining a queue at 5am in the snow.

Infinitely better than having to queue up. Five and a quarter hours was my longest wait that season....we were taking bets on what time BW would appear with the coffee pot