Club Statement - Redundancies | Vital Football

Club Statement - Redundancies

Unfortunately this is going to be common place up and down the country. All the best to everyone.

Very sad for the people involved and for the club to have to release people like Dawn who I know quite well. As mentioned this will be replicated in many places because of the situation this country is in.

Sorry to see Dawn go, but pleased she was able to do so on voluntary terms

On the few occasions I dealt with Dawn she was always friendly, helpful and professional. My Dad was a season ticket holder for many years, and on occasions needed her help (eg after he lost his season ticket at the ground), and she was always very kind and supportive in her dealings with him

I will be so sorry to see Dawn Cussens leave, she has been an absolute rock in the office, always eager to help and always polite and friendly. Best of luck, my friend, you will be sorely missed.

Sad news, at least some of the redundancies have been voluntary but entails the loss of club institutions like Dawn, who in the last 4 often manic seasons has overseen an often stretched but always friendly and efficient ticket office.

Thanks and good luck to those released, I share their circumstances and hope those looking for new employment are successful in the near future.

Can only echo (echo, echo...) the above posts about Dawn.

Whether by phone, email or in person, she was always very friendly, knowledgeable, quick to get answers on queries and a great help. She certainly held the ticket office together in leaner times.

Good luck to all who've unfortunately lost their jobs.

Wonder whether the new ticketing system has also had an impact in that area of the Club i.e. requires less manual input/streamlined?

Sorry for all those who have lost their jobs, never big earners I am sure, it just shows the depth of the problem football in general and LCFC is facing at the moment. Special thanks to Dawn who helped me out on several occasions and kindly took a picture for me of my uncles name which appears in the Boardroom of ex Chairman of LCFC. Will be a big miss to the Club.

Really tough that we have been forced into this, but I guess it was always likely to happen to some extent. I feel for those out of work now and wish them all the best for the future.

Always remember Dawn in the office from back in the 80s. I think she should get a testimonial.

Inthink it would be a great idea for a testimonial to be held for all those facing redundancy. If the club boxed clever on this and made it the first per season friendly, with receipts (Or a percentage thereof) going to those laid off, they would be guaranteed a decent crowd due to everyone itching to see some footy.
The natural goodwill that would generate would be beneficial too..

Always remember Dawn in the office from back in the 80s. I think she should get a testimonial.

Yes, so far she's had the terms resulting from an employment contract. Clearly the views expressed on this thread show the respect and affection she earned from fans - she has been part of the Club's and fans' history and culture for many years. Some way of the fans expressing that would be appropriate. Whether that is financial benefit from a testimonial, or some sort of "tribute" page which could be passed onto her, or some other idea.....?

Another thing about Dawn as well was that when we were able to cash in our un-used season ticket stubs a few years back I had a couple that I didn't attend so I emailed the Club as required but told them I wanted the money to be used to buy some biscuits for the ticket office staff and she personally contacted me to thank me.

Not that she needed to, it was just a small token for their good work but nice nonetheless.

Another thing about Dawn as well was that when we were able to cash in our un-used season ticket stubs a few years back I had a couple that I didn't attend so I emailed the Club as required but told them I wanted the money to be used to buy some biscuits for the ticket office staff and she personally contacted me to thank me.

Not that she needed to, it was just a small token for their good work but nice nonetheless.

This is a humble-brag, isn't it? ;)