Club Statement - Deal Close | Vital Football

Club Statement - Deal Close

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
And not VB by tbe looks of it:

An agreement is close to being finalised for an investment group to have an active and serious financial involvement in the future of Blackpool Football Club and other related companies.

The investment group, which holds international business interests and connections in the sports and commerce industries, has a passionate love of the game and links with other football clubs overseas.

The investment group has a three-to-five-year plan for the club, with the ultimate aim of regaining and sustaining Premier League status. The plan would also result in significant expenditure on player recruitment, the stadium, the training ground and the redevelopment/expansion of other existing and new facilities.

Well aware of the issues that have beset the club in recent years, the investment group is determined to build up a strong relationship with supporters and bring out the exciting potential of Blackpool Football Club once again.

A spokesperson for the Oyston Group said:

“This is an amazing opportunity for Blackpool Football Club. The investment group is extremely ambitious and has the financial resources to take the club back up the leagues once more. We hope this news will be greatly received by the Blackpool fans, the wider general public and viewed as a positive and major step forward in the development of our club.

“The investment group’s proposals are very exciting and will not just secure a successful future for the club, but also help to promote and strengthen the businesses and tourism in Blackpool, and on the Fylde Coast.”

A further announcement in relation to this agreement will be made within the next two weeks, when it is hoped the agreement will be completed and unconditional.   

I don't believe it and I wonder if it is an attempt to plead to the court on Tuesday for a further extension? I don't think it will wash with the judge but Prem will be getting excited. :tophat:

My head is spinning, I knew that it couldn't be as easy as the club and £10m to VB.

O's must go. This is worded as "serious financial involvement in the future of Blackpool Football Club" It doesn't say take over

Relax Hasty. Just ignore it, it probably isn't going to happen as people with that much money are rarely totally stupid.

I'm not relaxed Bear I'm really not, I'm worried. This needs sorting before the end of the season. There are so many twists and turns and OO is IMHO obstinate or deluded, either way he isn't going anywhere in a hurry

Bear1951 - 6/4/2018 20:01

There we are Hasty, relax. :hello:

Nope not good enough, even when there is dry ink on a sale I won't believe it until the keys are all handed over. There have been too many false hopes and dreams shattered for me to trust any of them.

I understand your anxiety Hasty and pray I am not deluding myself that the end is nigh. I've even been in touch with Putin to ask for help. :grins:

One minute he is saying the club is close to going into administration the next we are to believe that foreign investors will do all the things he hasn't done for the club in the few years, as well as stumping up enough to pay off VB. And any investors that read the court judgement as part of their due diligence wouldn't touch O with a barge pole. I bet in two weeks time nothing will have happening. All a desperate attempt to delay the cout actions that VB has planned for next week. And I bet an another announcement in 2 weeks will reveal another fantasty