Club/player Activity Elsewhere | Page 15 | Vital Football

Club/player Activity Elsewhere

Forgive me, maybe I am wrong, but Brenda n The Foxes play Park The Bus, have it as an art form, hit em on the break, we when do it and its all hell to play, no entertainment, not the Spurs way blah blah, so why is it ok for them and not us, I have my hard hat on lol!

Forgive me, maybe I am wrong, but Brenda n The Foxes play Park The Bus, have it as an art form, hit em on the break, we when do it and its all hell to play, no entertainment, not the Spurs way blah blah, so why is it ok for them and not us, I have my hard hat on lol!

If the results were convincing and consistent I think people would say different things, but they havent been and we arent. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet against a half decent team, for example?

They don't 'just' play that way, but they will employ those tactics when they think they're playing a better ball carrying/retention team.

Rogers has significantly change the way they play from the Conte days.

I'm surprised Zaha hasn't generated more interest this window.

I thought Hodgson was as good as inviting offers a couple of weeks ago. No doubt Palace will initially ask more than he is worth but as the deadline nears I'm sure they'll be more realistic for a player approaching his 28th birthday soon.

He (Zaha) must be deeply regretting signing that contract extension a couple of years ago.

I thought Hodgson was as good as inviting offers a couple of weeks ago. No doubt Palace will initially ask more than he is worth but as the deadline nears I'm sure they'll be more realistic for a player approaching his 28th birthday soon.

He (Zaha) must be deeply regretting signing that contract extension a couple of years ago.

He has started the season quite well, and I think he could well leave Palace before the end of the window, albeit that like Palace he seems quite happy just to drift somewhere between 11-16 in the table. Certainly with Gareth Bale returning the occasional interest we've shown in him will now be a thing of the past.

If the results were convincing and consistent I think people would say different things, but they havent been and we arent. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet against a half decent team, for example?
Ok Matic get your point, but did the Foxes keep a clean sheet v MC, no matter if we played that way, some Spurs fans would find reasons to whinge about, even if we hit 5 and conceded 2.

I'm not. He is way over priced and nobody is willing to pay the ridiculous fee they would want.

Fin' ell Manure bid for Sancho of £90 odd million turned down, I personally cannot see what anyone sees in himespecially at that ludicrous price ...he has never really shone for England....I think he is bang average....
I agree insofar as it seems totally excessive. The counter argument is probably that he is still very young and should continue to improve.

Considering most clubs are sacking normal staff on minimum wages, yet are spending big on transfer fee's and wages just shows how disgusting the top tier is.

I think it's frigging ludicrous that the gooners as an example have sacked 25 people who have worked for the club for decades yet then give that lanky prick Aubam 350k a week.

The world is seriously messed up.

Considering most clubs are sacking normal staff on minimum wages, yet are spending big on transfer fee's and wages just shows how disgusting the top tier is.

I think it's frigging ludicrous that the gooners as an example have sacked 25 people who have worked for the club for decades yet then give that lanky prick Aubam 350k a week.

The world is seriously messed up.

It's a disgrace, at a time when some solidarity by those at the top to both their fellow lower league clubs and their employees is needed now more than ever, it sickens me.

Last edited:
Fin' ell Manure bid for Sancho of £90 odd million turned down, I personally cannot see what anyone sees in himespecially at that ludicrous price ...he has never really shone for England....I think he is bang average....
Couldn’t agree more Greavsie....at his age Best and Giggs were running defences ragged...no sign of that from Sancho yet...maybe our scouts are no worse than Man U’s?

It's a disgrace, at a time when some solidarity by those at the top to both their fellow lowe rleague clubs and their employees, it sickens me.

I went to watch my local team in the Hellenic league last night. About 150 supporters, fiver on the gate. 2-0 win and a cheap bar. Met up with a couple of buddies and back home by 10pm.

Top tier of football is so disillusioning nowadays. Had to get some therapy !!!

I went to watch my local team in the Hellenic league last night. About 150 supporters, fiver on the gate. 2-0 win and a cheap bar. Met up with a couple of buddies and back home by 10pm.

Top tier of football is so disillusioning nowadays. Had to get some therapy !!!

Good for you, my personal trainer plays for one of the clubs in that division, keep meaning to go and watch him again, perhaps I will start now.

Get used to it guys, it's happening in all walks of life,

The local grocery vendor is no longer offering deliveries to the elderly, cue my elderly mother calling me in a blind panic. Apparently they're short on staff. In a world where a lot of people are looking for work, they happen to be low on staff. Quite laughable really.

Get used to it guys, it's happening in all walks of life,

The local grocery vendor is no longer offering deliveries to the elderly, cue my elderly mother calling me in a blind panic. Apparently they're short on staff. In a world where a lot of people are looking for work, they happen to be low on staff. Quite laughable really.

In times of economic distress there is always a lag between the old and new realities.

Until the government business support ends (which it has to) you will not see the scale of the necessity for teh new realism on conditions and salary kicking in driving the need for people to expect to be paid less.

It is believed that in many office based jobs they have been saving at least 20% during lockdown and the continued home working; this can be seen at record heights for new personal saving...

So the first thing that will start biting soon is employers cutting by at least 20%, and many as high as 40% - of course many have already done it and already shed jobs.

Come 6 months time, you will have 10 people chasing each job at every level, including delivery people.

In times of economic distress there is always a lag between the old and new realities.

Until the government business support ends (which it has to) you will not see the scale of the necessity for teh new realism on conditions and salary kicking in driving the need for people to expect to be paid less.

It is believed that in many office based jobs they have been saving at least 20% during lockdown and the continued home working; this can be seen at record heights for new personal saving...

So the first thing that will start biting soon is employers cutting by at least 20%, and many as high as 40% - of course many have already done it and already shed jobs.

Come 6 months time, you will have 10 people chasing each job at every level, including delivery people.
Everything is in a state of flux at the moment, which is understandable really.

The fallout is only just beginning. Quite where we will end up is anybody's guess.