Club/player Activity Elsewhere | Page 17 | Vital Football

Club/player Activity Elsewhere

Man U went unbeaten in the PL from the 22 January until the end of the season. Close season the talk was of them being only one or two players away from challenging for the title. How quickly things can change. It's the same squad with the addition of van de beek. I wonder what it is they think Poch can do with the same group of players.

If Ollie is sacked, it will be Woodward getting in first to save his own neck.

Man U went unbeaten in the PL from the 22 January until the end of the season. Close season the talk was of them being only one or two players away from challenging for the title. How quickly things can change. It's the same squad with the addition of van de beek. I wonder what it is they think Poch can do with the same group of players.

Filosofise

Would he even take the job?

I think that it is THE job that he wants. Lots of young talent which very much fits Poch's profile, and limitless funds. I agree re the ego issue with one or two players like Pogba. He'd just ship or freeze them out, and would probably make that known to the hierarchy prior to accepting the job, which if the bookmakers are right won't be long in coming.

Sorry that's boll***ks - Alli has never ever played the games of wanting to go that Pogba has and has never shown the sort of distain or lack of effort that Pogba has.

There is simply no comparison between the two.

Dele is lazy and has the same super star complex that Pogba has. The world is littered with lazy talent.

Dele is lazy and has the same super star complex that Pogba has. The world is littered with lazy talent.
That's your opinion 80, which you are entitled to, but I have to disagree with you, there is no comparison between the two of them.

For me Pogba is the proverbial "big I am"
Deli maybe a lazy sod, but has problems, he is still only a nipper and I believe he will get his act together.

That's your opinion 80, which you are entitled to, but I have to disagree with you, there is no comparison between the two of them.

For me Pogba is the proverbial "big I am"
Deli maybe a lazy sod, but has problems, he is still only a nipper and I believe he will get his act together.

I hope you are right but people don't change unless they experience a fundamental shift in their life.

I think that it is THE job that he wants. Lots of young talent which very much fits Poch's profile, and limitless funds. I agree re the ego issue with one or two players like Pogba. He'd just ship or freeze them out, and would probably make that known to the hierarchy prior to accepting the job, which if the bookmakers are right won't be long in coming.
So a team with a winning history hiring a coach who hasn't is hardly the answer. I reckon he'd be even more out of his depth than he ever was down here. Then again money talks.

All the Utd fans up here are moaning about the lack of spending on new players in this window....they are sounding just like us in so many previous windows but Utd’s finances and their financial structure are forcing them to live more within their means than usual...in that context Poch becomes the perfect manager for them, punching above the weight of their squad and getting rid of those surplus to requirements , but for him the promise of more funds to buy better players when the pandemic finishes...it’s a match.

Regardless of that good run, they ain't winning anything under Ole. He has been out of his depth from day 1.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Henderson's late 'winner' against Everton was disallowed. Infinitesimal and those decisions just don't go against Liverpool.

Looks like Big Sam will be back in the Premiership with WBA by the weekend. I guess that somebody has to take these type of jobs, and he's had more success than most, but the excessive expectations of some of these yo-yo Clubs is laughable.
Fulham and WBA came up this season, with Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford going down. At the end of this season no doubt four of these teams will be changing places. a regular feature of the promotion and relegation scenario.
I really would like to see Leeds consolidate themselves in the PL over the coming seasons, it has become increasingly rare for new blood, or in the case of teams like Leeds, Forrest and Derby maybe it's old blood, to establish or reestablish in the PL. The constant to and froing in and out of the PL of Clubs who are essentially Championship sides, makes a good case for an 'elite' Premiership of say twelve Clubs with less fixtures and more recovery time for players at the highest level.

Looks like Big Sam will be back in the Premiership with WBA by the weekend. I guess that somebody has to take these type of jobs, and he's had more success than most, but the excessive expectations of some of these yo-yo Clubs is laughable.
Fulham and WBA came up this season, with Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford going down. At the end of this season no doubt four of these teams will be changing places. a regular feature of the promotion and relegation scenario.
I really would like to see Leeds consolidate themselves in the PL over the coming seasons, it has become increasingly rare for new blood, or in the case of teams like Leeds, Forrest and Derby maybe it's old blood, to establish or reestablish in the PL. The constant to and froing in and out of the PL of Clubs who are essentially Championship sides, makes a good case for an 'elite' Premiership of say twelve Clubs with less fixtures and more recovery time for players at the highest level.
Yep. Arsenal wouldn't be in it.