Club/player Activity Elsewhere | Vital Football

Club/player Activity Elsewhere

SmithAndJones

Vital 1st Team Regular
Following on from Ex's request to keep the new threads flowing during the off season, I thought it worthwhile to open up a thread in respect of 'non Spurs activity', of which there should be plenty over the coming weeks. It could be transfers, managerial changes, completion of European season, new season qualifiers, or to keep a Spurs 'flavour', discussion on 'those that got away'.
Starting with the Championship Play-Off. I get frustrated seeing the same teams consistently upping and downing between the top two divisions, whereby Brentford would have been a breath of fresh air, albeit for a season. It is good however to see Scott Parker get promotion with Fulham in his first season, he could be in the early stages of a very successful managerial career. I've often thought in recent months what former Spur could manage us in the future, and found it difficult to come up with any names. Maybe however, Scotty will be Spurs manager five years from now.
Secondly, it was sad although inevitable to see Eddie Howe leave Bournemouth, where he did a great job over a number of years. Since the restart he looked a broken man, and clearly needs a break before starting up again elsewhere, Not so long ago he was considered a rising start ready for a bigger Club, with ourselves regularly mentioned. Not any more, probably the only PL clubs who he could be a candidate for are Palace, although the Palace Board seem happy for Woy to get them fifteenth place each year, or West Ham, but the Board there probably think that they will sign Guardiola after he wins the CL and leaves City.
The Championship is another story. Highly competitive there are probably at least twelve Championship clubs who enter each season believing they can make the play offs, and possibly get promotion. I'd wager that Howe will get an offer from at least four of those Clubs in the coming months. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, that Club will probably be a Premiership Club within two seasons.

Howe to Palace is a great shout . He would be a perfect fit there , but the “ board “‘are a weird lot . They seem content with their position , happy to be performing where they are .Never show a lot of ambition .
Really pleased for Scotty . He has done well. Shame it couldn’t have been Brentford as well but they will be there next season . They are pushing on well

The rest of it just seems to be a muddle to me . The way I see it, anyway .

Well done Wolves. Can they win it?!
Wouldn't be undeserved given the performance level that they have maintained throughout an incredibly long season. One thing that is niggling me which I am sure somebody can answer. If Wolves do win the Europa they will qualify for the CL. Does that mean that Chelsea will lose their spot in the CL, and fall into the Europa at our expense?

Wouldn't be undeserved given the performance level that they have maintained throughout an incredibly long season. One thing that is niggling me which I am sure somebody can answer. If Wolves do win the Europa they will qualify for the CL. Does that mean that Chelsea will lose their spot in the CL, and fall into the Europa at our expense?

As I understand it - the club in 4th in the PL drops down into the Europa, we still have 7 spaces allocated overall, so Wolves would take the 4th placed PL club's place in the CL - which wouldn't affect us as we'd be the 7th team, instead of Wolves!

Hope that's clear.

As I understand it - the club in 4th in the PL drops down into the Europa, we still have 7 spaces allocated overall, so Wolves would take the 4th placed PL club's place in the CL - which wouldn't affect us as we'd be the 7th team, instead of Wolves!

Hope that's clear.
Still not sure Ex, Wolves lost their seventh placed Europa slot when Arsenal won the FA Cup. If Chelsea in 4th were now to drop out of the CL, there would be Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal and ourselves. My interpretation therefore is Lpool, City, United and Wolves in CL, and Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal in the Europa. I haven't previously heard or read any commentary that indicated after we finished sixth that we wouldn't be in the Europa League at all, but now I'm wondering whether that was due to nobody considering that Wolves would win the Europa League, as well as Arsenal winning the FA Cup.

Still not sure Ex, Wolves lost their seventh placed Europa slot when Arsenal won the FA Cup. If Chelsea in 4th were now to drop out of the CL, there would be Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal and ourselves. My interpretation therefore is Lpool, City, United and Wolves in CL, and Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal in the Europa. I haven't previously heard or read any commentary that indicated after we finished sixth that we wouldn't be in the Europa League at all, but now I'm wondering whether that was due to nobody considering that Wolves would win the Europa League, as well as Arsenal winning the FA Cup.

think this clears it up better than I did!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1724150

Current Spanish and Italian champions out of the CL before the quarter final stage. Did that ever happen before. PSG and City set their sights on the CL a long time ago, but have consistently come up short. They'll never have a better chance than over the next couple of weeks.

Just had a look at some of the other clubs business. Brighton have signed Veltman and Lallana. Totally under the radar.

Looks like City have signed a couple of gems. Torres looks very exciting. Sane replacement. Moreno looks like a long term Silva replacement.

Just had a look at some of the other clubs business. Brighton have signed Veltman and Lallana. Totally under the radar.

Looks like City have signed a couple of gems. Torres looks very exciting. Sane replacement. Moreno looks like a long term Silva replacement.
Evidently Lallana signed for Brighton at the end of July, under the radar as you say didn't pick up on that at the time. Three year contract at age 32!