Club crest review | Page 4 | Vital Football

Club crest review

Round badge like the 70/80s one with one star above. Forest have 2 above their badge, so we should have no arguments this time around. The star inside the badge with the existing design looks like the lion has coughed up a fur ball.

The old round badge had copyright and trademark issues and it's why we've never returned....I guess the changes needed to pass those laws for marketing purposes would leave it different enough that it probably wouldn't be as well loved as it currently is.

Don’t mind the shield we have now, think the current iteration of the lion looks good too but I don’t like the colour balance, the star nor ‘AVFC’ so I picked the round badge. It’s mostly claret with some blue and it says Aston Villa. But tbh I like the shape of the badge that was once on the Trinity Road, there’s a lot of round badges now so would be nice to have something a little different. I hate to say it but those lot down the road have a badge that works that they’ve had for many years now, hopefully whatever the club comes up with next will be the one that sticks.

There were some things asked on there that I had no interest in with some marketing nonsense like whether it looked ‘dynamic’ etc.

My son was on Holiday in Italy near Naples and an Italian bloke asked him what AVFC was and when he replied Aston Villa his eyes lit up are he knew the name but didn't know what AVFC was.
So I'd have a new design with Aston VIlla Football Club on it, A star but have it like the forest ones above the badge. Then I'm easy

My son was on Holiday in Italy near Naples and an Italian bloke asked him what AVFC was and when he replied Aston Villa his eyes lit up are he knew the name but didn't know what AVFC was.
So I'd have a new design with Aston VIlla Football Club on it, A star but have it like the forest ones above the badge. Then I'm easy

Funny when you’d think the bloke in question supports a club that has ‘N’ as it’s badge, any proper football fan would know AVFC is Villa especially when it’s on a claret and blue shirt but I do think it ought to say Aston Villa as the name is incredibly unique.

I’m probably in the minority but I really don’t like the star, makes the badge a bit cluttered and I don’t think it looks good above the Forest badge either. Liverpool don’t have 6 of them above their badge, it’s a bit small time.

I've just done the survey, and when you look at all the badges in one go I was a bit surprised at how boring I found the designs of the British clubs compared to the European clubs - it's mostly just shields or circles!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but in terms of PL/Championship design the two I preferred were Man United and Sunderland. Yanited because it uses the club's full name and kind of combines the shield and circle designs rather than just being 1 or the other, and Sunderland's because having the black cats hold up the shield makes it look much more unique IMO.

Funny when you’d think the bloke in question supports a club that has ‘N’ as it’s badge, any proper football fan would know AVFC is Villa especially when it’s on a claret and blue shirt but I do think it ought to say Aston Villa as the name is incredibly unique.

I’m probably in the minority but I really don’t like the star, makes the badge a bit cluttered and I don’t think it looks good above the Forest badge either. Liverpool don’t have 6 of them above their badge, it’s a bit small time.

That was Nantes wasn't it? Thats the one I picked as my most liked Europe club haha

I'd honestly nearly just go lion and star if they don't do the round badge. The round badge screams success to me because I associate that with the European Cup even tho I wasnt even born.
The badge from '92 onward is too old and traditional and for the better part of my years supporting them, mediocrity. Similarly the current badge says modern but mediocre.
Real and Barca have had their badges with little variation for nearly 100 years each.

1980-1990 badge is classic and successful IMO.

Surely in this day and age we can bring back the round, but with tweaks to pass the all important 'copyright' test for merchandise.