Club crest review | Page 27 | Vital Football

Club crest review

Just viewing the Utd game, they are in all white which, must be their 7th strip but their Addidas top has just A Red Devil......got to admit it looks good. Could we do the same with just, The Lion?

Just viewing the Utd game, they are in all white which, must be their 7th strip but their Addidas top has just A Red Devil......got to admit it looks good. Could we do the same with just, The Lion?
Yes I've been saying/thinking this way for ages

My understanding was we had gone back to the Lerner badge with Aston Villa and 1874 on it.
I'm guessing this will save on the branding costs had the round badge on this season's kit been fully implemented.

I really like it but it's not the one that was chosen by the fans through a proper consultation process. A consultation process which seems to overestimate your average fan's good taste, and so a stupid process.

I have no idea what to think about anything anymore.
And goes against the F.A guidelines/ rules re the consultation process.

Confused as to which badge we are getting and past caring tbh.

If the idea was to create a single crest that identifies Aston Villa as a brand then that has spectacularly backfired.

Oh good my favourite thread.

It's fine .

Next.

Not really the point though mate, might not matter to you - and that is indeed fine - but it is the club identity and it means a lot to a lot of fans. Not only that, but the way it has been done is underhanded and is against FA guidelines - which again, might not worry some, but what next if all of these things start to just be accepted?

The badge is poor. We have a great brand and a great lion crest, it should be so much easier to make a great badge. Just the lion like spurs have done with their cockerel for instance, would look lovely.

In the bigger picture of things in the world, no, doesn't matter at all... but then, nor does football or anything ! lol

Not really the point though mate, might not matter to you - and that is indeed fine - but it is the club identity and it means a lot to a lot of fans. Not only that, but the way it has been done is underhanded and is against FA guidelines - which again, might not worry some, but what next if all of these things start to just be accepted?

The badge is poor. We have a great brand and a great lion crest, it should be so much easier to make a great badge. Just the lion like spurs have done with their cockerel for instance, would look lovely.

In the bigger picture of things in the world, no, doesn't matter at all... but then, nor does football or anything ! lol
Can't argue with this as a whole.

Just where I am with things and my acceptance that it is what it is , not only with football but life and tings. Time to move on from it as it ain't changing. And this thread proves that there will never be a concensus on the badge so plenty were always gonna be upset. There are elements of what was widely wanted (from memory). Name back on in full. Lion facing left, star , so I would argue there has been an element of listening by them

I'm tired of thinking things aren't right or fair and not being able to influence and being listened to . So rather than waste my time banging my head against a brick wall and wasting my life moaning and being unhappy and it not changing anyway!, I just concentrate on me and my own. It's very insular and I'm alright Jack but I think the world and others in 2024 has made this so, sadly .

I have changed my mind since the fan survey in that a shield is much less common than a round badge. However, if I recall the choice was round or the weird lamp-shape thingy, so even the rules-compliant process done the first time round was leading you down the path to the answer that the club wanted at the time. Consultations were ever thus.

Can't argue with this as a whole.

Just where I am with things and my acceptance that it is what it is , not only with football but life and tings.

Yup, very similar in life now, especially due to health. Trouble is, forums would go bust if we applied this to every thread....!

It is what it is, is definitely one of my most used mantras these days, along with 'fuck it' ... !