Clive Tyldesley | Vital Football

Clive Tyldesley

I swear he had a bet that he could use the word "smuggled" into every one of his commentaries.

Also who could forget "that magical night in Barcelona" copyright Clive Tyldesley

The Quickly Kevin podcast have an interview episode with Clive Tyldesley, if anyone is interested. It's a good podcast for anyone interested in 90s football and obscure 90s football talk and related stuff (games, documentaries, Steve Bruce's football crime novels) in general.

The Quickly Kevin podcast have an interview episode with Clive Tyldesley, if anyone is interested. It's a good podcast for anyone interested in 90s football and obscure 90s football talk and related stuff (games, documentaries, Steve Bruce's football crime novels) in general.
Hawksby and Jacobs used to play bits of Bruces book on the radio. Also, some Pele music and Fred Trumans biography, which was particularly entertaining.

Hawksby and Jacobs used to play bits of Bruces book on the radio.

I only caught snippets of this. Did Bruce actually write the book because it was Ian Danter who did the impression of Bruce when reading it out on the radio. Or did Ian Danter do the whole thing?

I only caught snippets of this. Did Bruce actually write the book because it was Ian Danter who did the impression of Bruce when reading it out on the radio. Or did Ian Danter do the whole thing?
That is the subject of much debate. Nobody seems to know for sure!

Not too fussed he’s gone tbh, has had a Manyoo bias for far too long .... and won’t go down in the annals of commentary greatness like Gerald Sinstadt & Hugh Johns.