Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..." | Page 3 | Vital Football

Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..."

I agree completely. Four hour drive time. And I would be very pleased to attend. But I will forgo a season to allow others to attend who live nearer. I would just prefer to attend, like everyone I'm sure, when life is in some way back to normal.

I think we will be trying to define the "new normal" if there is one for a long time come.

There should be plenty of room in Citys ground to hold the 4100 ST holders separated who have already paid.

ifollow and the strategies to mix and match with attending games in relation to season/non season ticket holders alike is going to be crucial.
The club must get this right to ensure that fans do not feel disadvantaged or excluded and a) don't return after the restrictions due to the perception of a snub or b) don't return due to a loss of interest.
If the way season ticket reimbursements were handled is anything to go by then we are in good hands. However this is a much bigger logistical headache and one that could have lasting effects if not implemented considering all potential pitfalls and knock on effects to decisions taken.

For Clubs at our level and below it will be financial suicide to play again without matchday revenue , gate money, sponsorship etc at the attendance levels suggested, ie 2500 at SB and with all sorts of restrictions that they will try to impose . 1600 season ticket holders will be 'refused' entry on this basis, try implementing that one, and then pay out compensation of approximately £16,000 + per game for doing so. Just how do you pay the players and staff with no 'new' money coming in ?
It is wrong in my opinion not to open the window again for those supporters who wish to renew their season tickets and were not able to do so first time round, it will be a real 'own goal' if LCFC do not allow this to happen. There is a big danger if not handled properly a large part of the great work attracting fans to SB over the past few years will be lost and supporters will not be bothered to attend and find other things to do with their Saturdays. 2500 at SB is a non starter imo and attending SB is meant to be enjoyable, a day out meeting your friends, sitting with them !!, without unreasonable restrictions which staff will have the virtually impossible task of implementing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there could be a reasonable level of iFollow interest. It wouldn't compensate for match-day attendance and income from sales, etc, but could provide a reasonable income stream.

I think there could be a reasonable level of iFollow interest. It wouldn't compensate for match-day attendance and income from sales, etc, but could provide a reasonable income stream.

I think iFollow would be something, of course, but you're have to assume there would be be lots of parties with 1 purchase being watched by several people.

Virtual matchday programmes and they're already doing the 50/50 online so things can be done.
But the real earner for matchday income apart from ticket sales is food and drink specifically beer, we must sell a few thousand every match at £3 something a pint.

I think iFollow would be something, of course, but you're have to assume there would be be lots of parties with 1 purchase being watched by several people.

Yes, good point! I don't have any friends, so that wouldn't be an issue for me.

I was thinking about that earlier, it is a logistical nightmare. How does the club determine who can attend any given game? What happens if that person cannot attend (people like me, for example)? With 4,100 season tickets already sold, it also opens up the problem of refunds for those who are not permitted to attend. Surely those problems would only be compounded by selling more season tickets? I don't envy clubs trying to agree a process on any of this.
I have a season ticket for myself and my 2 sons. The 3 of us would have to be able to attend the same match. I would also want them sat next to me and not spread out. It will be a logistical nightmare to arrange.

My view is that the only way forward is for fans to be able to attend, but entry is only allowed as long as you wear a face mask. Clubs at this level need fans to be able to operate.

I wonder how season ticket holders living further afield from Lincoln such as myself are going to be viewed. Should we be travelling to games, even if we are allowed in? It's a tricky one.

I wonder how season ticket holders living further afield from Lincoln such as myself are going to be viewed. Should we be travelling to games, even if we are allowed in? It's a tricky one.

Why should we be viewed any differently. See no problem in traveling 200 miles to a home game. Traffic levels are back to normal again with no restrictions.

Of course we should be allowed in. Apart from stopping for diesel, I will be self isolating for the entire 326 mile round trip.

You can come to mine Notty, just don't bring Hull. I don't want you two arguing politics and upsetting my cat!
We're not that bad plumbob. We exchange pov civilly and then I just wait for him to start swearing at me which is when I know I've won the argument. :grinning: (or he's had a drinkypoos)

There should be plenty of room in Citys ground to hold the 4100 ST holders separated who have already paid.

Not sure about that. Is there any reason why those 4100 should have priority over everyone else who would have renewed in the other windows. Lets face it , yeah they are all devoted City fans but they were just in a fortunate position where they able to renew at a cheaper price. The fans in the next windows will pay more for their ticket so who's putting more money in at the end of the day. And what about the likes of me and the other 89 fans who has already been shafted by the club over season tickets for next season. We have been told that we can renew our tickets at the lowest possible price right up to the last day of season ticket sales so what happens to us?