Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..." | Page 2 | Vital Football

Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..."

I don't think away fans will be allowed for the whole of the season. They're 'nice to have' in the circumstances and the logistical implications and challenges are just to great to take the risk.

I would expect to see things like:
-Entry and exit only turnstiles/gates with clearly marked one way walking routes
-No indoor catering (outdoor one way marquee/ fan zone possibly allowed but with limited mingling)
-One in one out toilets (steward in PPE on duty)
-A parking arrangement with the council and resident associations enabling park and walk in the expectation of reduced PT use
-No exec boxes, or at least family groups only
-masks in club colours
-some sort of season ticket sharing scheme
- turning the SW into the family stand for the season, enabling family groups to sit together (separated from other family groups)

All just a brain dump really....

If we get anything resembling that will take up fishing again.

Also will the boxes and the other exec areas, will certain people be allowed in? Those with health conditions, ,vulnerable elderly etc?
Bit of a minefield.

Indeed - who would buy a box of 10 with only 2 allowed in it ? Commercial income would be seriously trashed.

Last edited:
Maybe capacity could go above 25% if families living in the same house all with season tickets could sit together? Leaves more space for others.

That is not me as I did renew my ticket during the first window, but do not have any family members with tickets.
My daughter and I have a jic season ticket for the last 3 years, most of mates to their kids too, bloody Cowleys making the kids of Lincoln want to follow their local team instead of Liverpool manure etc.

We will be stuffed because of our high average attendances, until we get back a 100% allowance:

View attachment 40850
Well not being a st holder means that MK away (most probably in the home end) will be the only imps game i can see live if the 25% continues for any length of time, Given their ground capacity and number of st holders, there could be quite a few of us there. Knowing my luck something will crop up and i cant make it that day.

The Colchester Chairman has also referred to an intial 25% being looked at (link in the 'Salary Cap' thread.)

Clive and Co will have a particular, but not unique, headache because of the number of season ticket holders exceeding capacity, probably for a large part of next season. Whether that is resolved by rota, as has been alluded to earlier, or 'first come first serve' match vouchers on the new ticket platform, people will not be happy but they can't all be accommodated.

As a non season ticket holder, I'm resigned to seeing very little if any live Imps football other than by stream.

Regarding comments on an earlier post about people likely to not sit in allocated seats, crowding round toilets, etc - any club not enforcing the rules will, I would think, find themselves back behind closed doors in very short order.

Next season will be a test of patience, whatever the arrangements. Lets just all do our bit to ensure dickheads are other clubs' problems.

The Colchester Chairman has also referred to an intial 25% being looked at (link in the 'Salary Cap' thread.)

Clive and Co will have a particular, but not unique, headache because of the number of season ticket holders exceeding capacity, probably for a large part of next season. Whether that is resolved by rota, as has been alluded to earlier, or 'first come first serve' match vouchers on the new ticket platform, people will not be happy but they can't all be accommodated.

As a non season ticket holder, I'm resigned to seeing very little if any live Imps football other than by stream.

Regarding comments on an earlier post about people likely to not sit in allocated seats, crowding round toilets, etc - any club not enforcing the rules will, I would think, find themselves back behind closed doors in very short order.

Next season will be a test of patience, whatever the arrangements. Lets just all do our bit to ensure dickheads are other clubs' problems.
Cracking post
British commonsense as pm Johnson and co keep saying.

I'd anticipate a number (although how large a number I don't know) of those who have already renewed their STs will be in in groups who either may still need to shield or simply just decide they don't want to expose themselves to any more risk.
Once its been decided re: streaming etc, perhaps the club could look to offer the option to have partial refunds and a virtual season ticket? Might be a better option for some groups (so they could still watch games together) and reduce the demand for physical attendance. Difficult decisions though - whatever happens, both fans and clubs lose out all around the country

I'd anticipate a number (although how large a number I don't know) of those who have already renewed their STs will be in in groups who either may still need to shield or simply just decide they don't want to expose themselves to any more risk.
Once its been decided re: streaming etc, perhaps the club could look to offer the option to have partial refunds and a virtual season ticket? Might be a better option for some groups (so they could still watch games together) and reduce the demand for physical attendance. Difficult decisions though - whatever happens, both fans and clubs lose out all around the country
I am not shielding and have two season tickets. I live 2 hours drive away. For next season I would voluntarily give up my tickets until we can attend again as something like normal. I would accept a refund for the 20/21 season as long as I can purchase my tickets again for 21/22. Maybe there are a few others who would consider this.

I am not shielding and have two season tickets. I live 2 hours drive away. For next season I would voluntarily give up my tickets until we can attend again as something like normal. I would accept a refund for the 20/21 season as long as I can purchase my tickets again for 21/22. Maybe there are a few others who would consider this.

Bit like me I drive two hours each way , more risk in that than sitting in the open air with 8,000 at SB imo.

Bit like me I drive two hours each way , more risk in that than sitting in the open air with 8,000 at SB imo.
I agree completely. Four hour drive time. And I would be very pleased to attend. But I will forgo a season to allow others to attend who live nearer. I would just prefer to attend, like everyone I'm sure, when life is in some way back to normal.

I only live up the hill but would happily give up my season ticket as a type one diabetic, I feel it would be much more logical for a healthy 16-40 year old season ticket holder to take my space on a 25% occupation of the ground, I would be happy for my ticket to be transferred into a I follow voucher and maybe a small refund for what is left,which would go towards I follow vouchers for all the away games.

As a side point if we had a home game against the likes of Sunderland or Portsmouth at 3pm on Saturday there could be a lot of I follow sales (I am not sure how much Lincoln gets out of the £10) to the numerous fans of these clubs therefore raising a few pound to go towards covering the away fan absence.

Last edited:

Same here on distance. I’d be inclined to let them keep the cash for next years ST in some kind of bond to help the club out (assuming I can’t attend games). Appreciate I’m in a lucky position to be able to do that and it won’t work for a lot of people.

It may well be useful at some point for the club to have feedback on how many current ST holders would be prepared to attend in the present climate so they can work out the fairest way to allocate tickets. Far from an easy task