Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..." | Vital Football

Clive Nates: "Studies are being undertaken and its possible that around 25% of capacity will be allowed initially..."

So attendances of a maximum 2,500 at first...........still not easy to manage if supporters decide to mingle together , which they will

Guess further Season ticket windows will be put on hold and then partial ones as capacity is increased back to the proper normal

I would expect that matches will be allowed to be streamed still in the UK at 3pm on Saturdays under these circumstances. With the current sale rate of season tickets being at that level it will probably be my only 'live' opportunities next season

Could be a while until I get to see a game then, the reduction in matchday income is going to be massive.
2500 season ticket holders just buying stuff is a huge difference from 6500 plus anything up to 3500 matchday tickets sales and all the add ons.
Some out the box thinking required.
I would put season tickets back on sale and rotate, allowing people to go alternate games for a time.

I would put season tickets back on sale and rotate, allowing people to go alternate games for a time.
I was thinking about that earlier, it is a logistical nightmare. How does the club determine who can attend any given game? What happens if that person cannot attend (people like me, for example)? With 4,100 season tickets already sold, it also opens up the problem of refunds for those who are not permitted to attend. Surely those problems would only be compounded by selling more season tickets? I don't envy clubs trying to agree a process on any of this.

Me either but we had 6500 season ticket holders for the 19/20 season.
I couldn't afford one in the early window but can now.
In theory it could be after Xmas or even August 2021 before I see a game at the ground again because I was skint in February.
I'm sure the club will do there best to look after everyone as they have done since the pandemic hit.

Last edited:
Any agreed percentage will presumably not include away fans for obvious reasons, besides who wants someone travelling from Bradford or Leicester visiting their City/Town/Village/Hamlet.

Me either but we had 6500 season ticket holders for the 19/20 season.
I couldn't afford one in the early window but can now.
In theory it could be after Xmas or even August 2021 before I see a game at the ground again because I was skint in February.
I'm sure the club will do there best to look after everyone as they have done since the pandemic hit.

I’ve renewed mine but I agree with you. I would imagine any new sales would occur once the prognosis for the season ahead becomes clearer but even at 25% capacity everyone has to have the opportunity to renew their ST. Completely new sales might be a different issue though.

The only issue is when you renew yours the club might have to give that cash to me so it’s all admin and no income.

Has all the makings of a shambles, refunds , families who want to sit together, those who cannot make it on the day , turnstile operators confronted by those with a ST but not allowed in that day ! , forcing supporters to sit where they are told !! will never happen, huge decrease in matchday revenue which all Clubs at our level and below rely on. Will be told to wear those mask things next !
UTI.

Just completed a quick sanity check of the average league attendances for the teams/grounds in L1 (19/20) season.
Even taking taking an average nominal away support of c7.5% at the total average attendances then every club will fall foul as the average attendances are a 25% allowance. Only when attendance allowance gets beyond 60%+ then the impact becomes less to the majority of clubs.

I don't think away fans will be allowed for the whole of the season. They're 'nice to have' in the circumstances and the logistical implications and challenges are just to great to take the risk.

I would expect to see things like:
-Entry and exit only turnstiles/gates with clearly marked one way walking routes
-No indoor catering (outdoor one way marquee/ fan zone possibly allowed but with limited mingling)
-One in one out toilets (steward in PPE on duty)
-A parking arrangement with the council and resident associations enabling park and walk in the expectation of reduced PT use
-No exec boxes, or at least family groups only
-masks in club colours
-some sort of season ticket sharing scheme
- turning the SW into the family stand for the season, enabling family groups to sit together (separated from other family groups)

All just a brain dump really....

Well it depends on how long the 25% lasts for and how quick it ratchets up to 75% and then to 100%. 75 % we may get away with it. But at 25% for any length of time we are frankly stuffed.

Well it depends on how long the 25% lasts for and how quick it ratchets up to 75% and then to 100%. 75 % we may get away with it. But at 25% for any length of time we are frankly stuffed.

We will be stuffed because of our high average attendances, until we get back a 100% allowance:

1594816806040.png

Last edited:
Also will the boxes and the other exec areas, will certain people be allowed in? Those with health conditions, ,vulnerable elderly etc?
Bit of a minefield.

Maybe capacity could go above 25% if families living in the same house all with season tickets could sit together? Leaves more space for others.

That is not me as I did renew my ticket during the first window, but do not have any family members with tickets.