Clive Nates believes Football League return is in sight | Vital Football

Clive Nates believes Football League return is in sight

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Lincoln City's latest investor believes the club is well placed for a return to the Football League.

South African businessman Clive Nates and two unnamed parties made the first of several investments into the club at the start of the year.

His cash was a welcome boost for the Imps, who had been struggling financially prior to him pledging his support."

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/New-Lincoln-City-investor-Clive-Nates-believes/story-28802483-detail/story.html

We are certainly better placed than we have been throughout this stint in the conference. Hopefully we'll be really in the play-off mix next year.

I think he is going to disappointed and won't see us in the play offs, let alone take his seat in the final at Wembley.

Pleased to have him and these other guys on board. A bit disappointed that he seems to be needing other local investors to come on board though. I sort of hoped he was going to be a knight in shining armour, wealthy enough to pump in some big money with his mates to get us back into the FL. This article makes me think that the financial commitment he has made for the next few years is the sum total of what he can afford to play with.

Still better to have him and his friends than not to have them

Blimey Skelly, Christmas round yours must be a barrel of laughs. No pressie quite good enough I imagine.

SkellyIsWatching - 25/2/2016 12:53

I think he is going to disappointed and won't see us in the play offs, let alone take his seat in the final at Wembley.

Pleased to have him and these other guys on board. A bit disappointed that he seems to be needing other local investors to come on board though. I sort of hoped he was going to be a knight in shining armour, wealthy enough to pump in some big money with his mates to get us back into the FL. This article makes me think that the financial commitment he has made for the next few years is the sum total of what he can afford to play with.

Is that not what everyone does unless you happen to own a country or are a Russian oligarch?

If we keep scoring at our most recent rate, then we will soon have the magic 78/79 goals, so will be in the play-offs anyway.

Gee up. What a dismal person you are.

Pleased to have him as I said.
It's just the way the article is written, it sort of hints that the amount they've committed too might be all they are going to give.

I guess I was sort of hoping he might be a bit of a cash filled bottomless pit that's all. Well by none league standards anyway. Just me being greedy.

Soz guys.

A bit disappointed that he seems to be needing other local investors to come on board though.

You're disappointed that Lincoln need more investors?

What planet do you live on?

Skip155 - 25/2/2016 13:06

Blimey Skelly, Christmas round yours must be a barrel of laughs. No pressie quite good enough I imagine.
Perhaps 78 presents is enough to keep him happy. Otherwise, most likely gutted!

plumbob - 25/2/2016 19:36

Skip155 - 25/2/2016 13:06

Perhaps 78 presents is enough to keep him happy. Otherwise, most likely gutted!

No I think he will want the 79th as well :pointy:

What Clive is saying makes total sense to me, he puts a decent sum into the club and is hoping others will do similar.

SkellyIsWatching - 25/2/2016 16:23

Pleased to have him as I said.
It's just the way the article is written, it sort of hints that the amount they've committed too might be all they are going to give.

I guess I was sort of hoping he might be a bit of a cash filled bottomless pit that's all. Well by none league standards anyway. Just me being greedy.

Soz guys.

Another poor attempt .Another thinly vailed disguise at high jacking a positive thread. What possesses you to take up this charade ? You really should find something better to do other than infest other supporters sites Why not consider your actions and ask yourself what are hoping to gain ? How many other sites are you on I wonder? Is that what you do with your time? How strange