Clive Interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Clive Interview

What about season ticket holders who are 60 who are the same age as some season ticket holders who are getting the concessionary rate. Should the club as a goodwill gesture include all 60 year olds in the concessionary rate as those born after last August are literally days away from being able to buy next seasons season ticket at concessionary rate or should some 60 year olds, those born before last August, get the concessionary rate for the next 5 seasons whilst those born after last August have to pay full rate for the next 5 seasons.
Whilst seeing that this has caused you to feel differentiated from those of the same age around you, wouldn't extending the concessionary rate to include you, have the effect of moving this back a month, affecting those in a similar position to yourself but a month younger than you?

Looking at where the likes on this thread are going I'd guess nearly everyone else thinks the club has probably made exactly the right decisions here.

That's probably because it doesn't affect any of them.
If the club want to increase income and would of increased the the concessionary age to everyone between 60 and 65,which they wouldn't dare do hence we are where we are, this board would of been in meltdown.

My apologies for resurrecting the subject of season ticket renewal.......purely mentioned as a reflection of optimism on my part, and a small attempt to galvanise the same in others. I seem to remember there has already been a fairly comprehensive thread regarding the over/under 60's and all matters "season ticket renewal". In my simple world, either I want to part with my £349 next week or I could pay a higher price down the line. More to the point, and the point I was trying to make was, that this is time to back the board.

Whilst seeing that this has caused you to feel differentiated from those of the same age around you, wouldn't extending the concessionary rate to include you, have the effect of moving this back a month, affecting those in a similar position to yourself but a month younger than you?

No the only thing I want is fairness and to be on the same playing field as everyone else.
Either increase the age which you recieve the concessionary to 65 for everybody (which the club wouldn't dare do in a million years) or as a goodwill gesture include all 60 year in the concessionary rate seeings as they are days away from being able to buy a concessionary season ticket for next season. That will mean all 60 year olds born in the period of which the concessionary age was changed will all be paying the same and the cut off date is August 1st.
That is fair but to have two lots of 60 year olds watching the same match in the same seats one paying concessionary rate and one paying full rate for the next 5 seasons is not fair.

Exactly, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

What is the club supposed to do - keep trying to appease a small number of disgruntled fans to the point where they don't actually change the concession policy?

Exactly, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

What is the club supposed to do - keep trying to appease a small number of disgruntled fans to the point where they don't actually change the concession policy?

its like starting school one week later and i would have started at nearly 5 as it was i had just just turned 4. There has to be a cut off somewhere for some its just unlucky

I agree there has to be a cut off and explained it in the post above.
I can guarantee that all of you posting on this thread are either not at the 60 year old point now so you know that the concessionary age has gone for you therefore you just you really couldn't care less , your not bothered, it doesn't affect you or you are in the 60 to 65 year old age group where all your concessionary rights have been preserved. For us 95 we are caught right on the edge, literally days before we would be able to buy our concessionary ticket for next season. I dont want any special treatment I just want either everyone to be on a level playing field up to the age of 65 or if the club really cared about their fans they could have come up with something which I have already explained would have taken care and appeased 95 of the clubs most loyal group of supporters, some, if not most who have spent many years travelling the length and breadth of this country through thick and mostly thin supporting this club. I know a few of the 95 and I can assure that everyone I have spoken to are bitterly disappointed in this decision from the club.
Their are going to be many people in the 60 to 65 age group who have only been around and season ticket holders since the Cowley's were here and yet they have all their concessionary rights preserved yet in my case and many of my friends who are affected we have a 50 odd year associations with the club. That's how we get our loyalty repaid.
The club have either hard nosed calculated this or they haven't thought it through enough. I agree with everyone that a line has to be drawn somwhere if they want to put the age up for concessions but in my opinion there are other circumstances to be taken into account other than simply drawing that line and saying that's it take it or leave it.

Your choice, obviously, but a complete over reaction in my view. I am also affected by this, as I am 60 next year, but they have to implement the changes at some point and I still think paying £15.00 per home game, or whatever it is, is good value.

I'm 60 in April and I concur. I'm living the dream in League One, so why wouldn't I?

Hopefully, bringing back my son from a season's sabbatical due to work commitments when he starts at the Uni 🙏

That's probably because it doesn't affect any of them.
If the club want to increase income and would of increased the the concessionary age to everyone between 60 and 65,which they wouldn't dare do hence we are where we are, this board would of been in meltdown.

I know someone who is in virtually the same position as you and has fallen just the wrong side of the line by a couple of months.
However he doesn't feel like you one bit! He says that the club have to draw the line somewhere and there are winners and losers and in this case he has missed out but can also see that you can't take it off those the other side of the line so to speak. He also recognises that the 60 age was a bit of an anomaly given where the pension age is now so has no problem with it being 65 at all!

He is happy to pay what he has always paid and support the club he is still working so no problem and he will look forward to getting his concession when he is 65. He certainly wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face!

Your choice, obviously, but a complete over reaction in my view. I am also affected by this, as I am 60 next year, but they have to implement the changes at some point and I still think paying £15.00 per home game, or whatever it is, is good value.

There i was thinking you wasnt a day over 50

There i was thinking you wasnt a day over 50
I can guarantee that all of you posting on this thread are either not at the 60 year old point now so you know that the concessionary age has gone for you therefore you just you really couldn't care less , your not bothered, it doesn't affect you or you are in the 60 to 65 year old age group where all your concessionary rights have been preserved. For us 95 we are caught right on the edge, literally days before we would be able to buy our concessionary ticket for next season. I dont want any special treatment I just want either everyone to be on a level playing field up to the age of 65 or if the club really cared about their fans they could have come up with something which I have already explained would have taken care and appeased 95 of the clubs most loyal group of supporters, some, if not most who have spent many years travelling the length and breadth of this country through thick and mostly thin supporting this club. I know a few of the 95 and I can assure that everyone I have spoken to are bitterly disappointed in this decision from the club.
Their are going to be many people in the 60 to 65 age group who have only been around and season ticket holders since the Cowley's were here and yet they have all their concessionary rights preserved yet in my case and many of my friends who are affected we have a 50 odd year associations with the club. That's how we get our loyalty repaid.
The club have either hard nosed calculated this or they haven't thought it through enough. I agree with everyone that a line has to be drawn somwhere if they want to put the age up for concessions but in my opinion there are other circumstances to be taken into account other than simply drawing that line and saying that's it take it or leave it.
I sort of agree that the cut off should be just after everybody who up until the announcement would have been entitled to a concessionary ticket next season.

I know someone who is in virtually the same position as you and has fallen just the wrong side of the line by a couple of months.
However he doesn't feel like you one bit! He says that the club have to draw the line somewhere and there are winners and losers and in this case he has missed out but can also see that you can't take it off those the other side of the line so to speak. He also recognises that the 60 age was a bit of an anomaly given where the pension age is now so has no problem with it being 65 at all!

He is happy to pay what he has always paid and support the club he is still working so no problem and he will look forward to getting his concession when he is 65. He certainly wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face!

I have supported the Imps since 1968 and will be 60 soon after the end of this season and am therefore one of the ‘95’. I appreciate the Club are in a difficult position with this, having been more generous than most other clubs with the 60-65 concessions, yet desperately needing revenue to maintain our current high League status.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, that’s life.

I will lose out personally to the tune of about £100 per season for 5 years, in my view a price worth paying as a small contribution towards continued success.

But it will affect us as when we reach 60 we won't get a reduced ST....much the same as your retirement age is probably lower than mine, but I'm not bothered as it is what it is. I suggest crack on and support the Club or stop bleating about it and step away quietly. You are clearly falling on deaf ears on this forum. Sorry but it's a harsh reality that it's happening.

But it will affect us as when we reach 60 we won't get a reduced ST....much the same as your retirement age is probably lower than mine, but I'm not bothered as it is what it is. I suggest crack on and support the Club or stop bleating about it and step away quietly. You are clearly falling on deaf ears on this forum. Sorry but it's a harsh reality that it's happening.
Look on the bright side Clanford, you will get your state pension at aged 66 and me (being 54) will get mine at aged 67. This means that whilst you will be approximately £100 per year worse off for the next five years you will be circa £8,600 better off than me in year six. I don't think that is particularly equitable, but such is life!

I feel like I’ve aged 60 years reading this thread. Do I get a discount on my season ticket?

Me too, that makes me 130. I am sure I have read there are some on this site, over 60 or 65 whatever, who still pay the full rate just to support the Club. I am sure next season there will be more seats available on the day, I will only be getting to maybe ten homes games, but to support the Club I will be renewing next week . The Club imo have been generous in their previous 60 policy, they are just catching up what other Clubs do. I can understand clanfordimp, but to withdraw your support after so many years is a bit sad.