Clive Interview | Vital Football

Clive Interview

Wholeheartedly agree. I will be renewing my season ticket next week, looking forward to the next chapter.

Absolutely as will everyone in our group I believe. I know of a couple that aren't likely to renewed elsewhere due to ill health and unavailability however now is the time to show our support for the club. I really hope that the season ticket renewals don't show too much of a drop off!

One part that did stand out, and something I thought was probably relevant this seasons budget even before it started, was, "...which has been a transition, still bearing the costs of promotion into League One. By next season we’ll have had a complete reset."

Wholeheartedly agree. I will be renewing my season ticket next week, looking forward to the next chapter.

I want to renew my season ticket but although I support Clive the board the manager and the team I wholeheartedly disagree with the policy of having a two tier pricing structure for 60 year olds next season and for the next 5 seasons because I am affected by this. I am happy to pay the full price for a season ticket as long as everyone aged 60 to 65 is on the same playing field paying the same price or that ALL 60 year olds are given the concessionary rate.
Unfortunately if the club implement this change of policy I, on moral grounds will be ending my 52 year association with the club and I will not be renewing my ticket and will not be attending games.

I want to renew my season ticket but although I support Clive the board the manager and the team I wholeheartedly disagree with the policy of having a two tier pricing structure for 60 year olds next season and for the next 5 seasons because I am affected by this. I am happy to pay the full price for a season ticket as long as everyone aged 60 to 65 is on the same playing field paying the same price or that ALL 60 year olds are given the concessionary rate.
Unfortunately if the club implement this change of policy I, on moral grounds will be ending my 52 year association with the club and I will not be renewing my ticket and will not be attending games.
Your choice, obviously, but a complete over reaction in my view. I am also affected by this, as I am 60 next year, but they have to implement the changes at some point and I still think paying £15.00 per home game, or whatever it is, is good value.

Sounds like Clive is unaware we're going through the most difficult, tumultuous period a club has ever been through in history ever.

17th in League One on course for our highest league finish for literally decades. Why isn't he panicking?!

Reason No. 1 He knows football and is not a plastic glory supporting fan.

next. .

Your choice, obviously, but a complete over reaction in my view. I am also affected by this, as I am 60 next year, but they have to implement the changes at some point and I still think paying £15.00 per home game, or whatever it is, is good value.

You are 60 next year you are not 60 now and you were not born in the same year as all the other 60 year olds who are exactly the same age as me but who will be receiving the concessions for the next 5 seasons while I will be paying the full price. As I have said this is nothing to do with money I just want everyone to be on the same playing field.
I agree that the club need to have a cut off point if they are to implement this but my opinion is that it should be that you need to be 60 before August 1st this year .

Shame but see ya. I can't see what you think the club have done wrong? You haven't lost anything as you didn't have a concession ticket and are no doubt still working? They have also been fair to those who have been getting the reduced rate in the past. Virtually all other clubs in the country have an oap age of 65, why should we be any different?

Shame but see ya. I can't see what you think the club have done wrong? You haven't lost anything as you didn't have a concession ticket and are no doubt still working? They have also been fair to those who have been getting the reduced rate in the past. Virtually all other clubs in the country have an oap age of 65, why should we be any different?
Totally agree.

So why is it that the club can change the terms and conditions I was about to recieve but they are not prepared to alter anyone else's terms and conditions. They are not being fair to those who are getting the reduced rate now they simply dare not alter those terms and conditions for reasons that I will explain to you if you cant work it out yourself.
I have said I will pay the full rate as long as I am on the same playing field as every other 60 to 65 year old.
You say I havnt lost anything well I have, I have lost my right to a concessionary ticket at the age of 60 something that I was going to get up until a month ago whilst my peers and friends and fellow fans who are exactly the same age as me and I am talking specifically about fellow 60 year olds who just happen to be born before August of last year will all recieve those benefits for the next 5 seasons whilst I pay full rate.

So why is it that the club can change the terms and conditions I was about to recieve but they are not prepared to alter anyone else's terms and conditions. They are not being fair to those who are getting the reduced rate now they simply dare not alter those terms and conditions for reasons that I will explain to you if you cant work it out yourself.
I have said I will pay the full rate as long as I am on the same playing field as every other 60 to 65 year old.
You say I havnt lost anything well I have, I have lost my right to a concessionary ticket at the age of 60 something that I was going to get up until a month ago whilst my peers and friends and fellow fans who are exactly the same age as me and I am talking specifically about fellow 60 year olds who just happen to be born before August of last year will all recieve those benefits for the next 5 seasons whilst I pay full rate.
The club can change anything it wants!
They have not altered anyones terms and conditions merely preserved them for anyone receiving the benefit previously. You are inaccurate, The club never entered into a contract with you about receiving a concessionary price. You assumed it would be maintained which is a very different thing. I was two months off not having to work until I am 67 and think of the WASPI women!

As someone who will be affected not by the ST age change but by the corresponding age change for individual match tickets, I'm not understanding your "moral grounds". As had been pointed out, 65 is the norm elsewhere, 60 has always seemed generous and costs the club revenue.

STs renewing, already with the concession retain it. New STs and individual match tickets go up to 65? Still below the state retirement age come the end of the year, seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd come down of your high horse if I were you.

The club can change anything it wants!
They have not altered anyones terms and conditions merely preserved them for anyone receiving the benefit previously. You are inaccurate, The club never entered into a contract with you about receiving a concessionary price. You assumed it would be maintained which is a very different thing. I was two months off not having to work until I am 67 and think of the WASPI women!

And why do you think the club have preserved the existing terms for 60 to 65 year olds already receiving concessions ?? Do you want me to spell it out?
The club can do anything they want but if you come up with an idea that has a two tier price structure for 60 year olds that is going to be in place for the next 5 seasons I wouldn't call that business decision of the century. It's going to really piss a certain amount of people off...95 to be precise.
What would be the easiest thing for the club to do for a small group of fans who would of spent a hell of a lot of money buying season tickets over the years when they really didn't have to. Only a few short seasons ago you could walk into the stadium and pick anyone òf 7000 empty seats to sit on but we still brought our season tickets because we wanted the club to have the money up front in the hope it would put us on a good footing for the season.
This will not look good on a club that professes to do the right thing by its fans.

STs renewing, already with the concession retain it. New STs and individual match tickets go up to 65? Still below the state retirement age come the end of the year, seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd come down of your high horse if I were you.

What about season ticket holders who are 60 who are the same age as some season ticket holders who are getting the concessionary rate. Should the club as a goodwill gesture include all 60 year olds in the concessionary rate as those born after last August are literally days away from being able to buy next seasons season ticket at concessionary rate or should some 60 year olds, those born before last August, get the concessionary rate for the next 5 seasons whilst those born after last August have to pay full rate for the next 5 seasons.

What about season ticket holders who are 60 who are the same age as some season ticket holders who are getting the concessionary rate. Should the club as a goodwill gesture include all 60 year olds in the concessionary rate as those born after last August are literally days away from being able to buy next seasons season ticket at concessionary rate or should some 60 year olds, those born before last August, get the concessionary rate for the next 5 seasons whilst those born after last August have to pay full rate for the next 5 seasons.
Looking at where the likes on this thread are going I'd guess nearly everyone else thinks the club has probably made exactly the right decisions here.