Climate change. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Climate change.

Stuffing always does the trick for me chap or anything with onions in it.Would be surprised if my wind doesn't have better than a 5% output rate.

Great.....would you mind nipping up to Hornsea and pointing your arse out towards the sea. It would be much appreciated particularly as I know 500MW of the coal generation is clinging on for dear life.

Australia has just recorded the hottest March since records were started and some politicians are now talking about climate change. Hope it results in a bit of action but plenty of doubt still.

Whatever it is I reckon it will be too late.

It would be nice to know that when Notre Dame is restored to it's former glory that we have not succombed to climate change & it will be able to exist for another thousand years & beyond.______________________________________________________________________________________________...jpg

There aren't any trees left in France that are tall enough to rebuild the roof as it was.

L'Oréal have pledged Eur200m but are responsible for the burning of countless acres of rainforest every day for palm oil based cosmetics.
Ffs. The people of planet earth are screwed up. That's why we're doomed if we carry on like this.

There aren't any trees left in France that are tall enough to rebuild the roof as it was.

L'Oréal have pledged Eur200m but are responsible for the burning of countless acres of rainforest every day for palm oil based cosmetics.
Ffs. The people of planet earth are screwed up. That's why we're doomed if we carry on like this.

Apparently there is a vast forest of oak trees in Sweden planted two hundred years ago solely to provide wood to build ships for The Royal Navy, Now the trees have matured & wooden ships have disappeared should we donate some to Notre Dame or leave them as a carbon sink to combat climate change.

So as the UK hits more than 30 degrees the trains are limited to 60 mph to stop the tracks buckling. Tracks have caught on fire, and the trains north out of St Pancras in London seem to have been halted !

Apparently hotter countries put their tracks on concrete, but ours seem to be on wood.

So as the UK hits more than 30 degrees the trains are limited to 60 mph to stop the tracks buckling. Tracks have caught on fire, and the trains north out of St Pancras in London seem to have been halted !

Apparently hotter countries put their tracks on concrete, but ours seem to be on wood.

We have not been a hotter country until now so there was no need to. We do really do need to treat climate change before it really takes hold.

This is the 7th week on the trot hitting 40 degrees every single day. Over 47 degrees at one point.
Might as well be winter really as Im just stuck indoors most of the time. Slipping n sliding on the sofa. Got a removable roof car and too hot on or off. Gazzillion gallons of water just to feed the thirsty millions here. (im on scalable rates so now super expensive) Crops suffering, plants dying. Most can handle the heat with water in the 90s for a while but in the 100s is pretty much an issue for most things. Even some olive trees looking ropey. Not single drop of rain in that time and apparently heat wave at the weekend!
I moved here for the sun, thought id stay here forever. Now im thinking retire in Scotland? :)

Apparently there is a vast forest of oak trees in Sweden planted two hundred years ago solely to provide wood to build ships for The Royal Navy, Now the trees have matured & wooden ships have disappeared should we donate some to Notre Dame or leave them as a carbon sink to combat climate change.
we grow more hemp!
Cleans the soil and is far more efficient than trees to clean the air too. It can replace many plastics, paper, fibres and other other resource hogs. Big growth in the industry now, really fuelled by th CBD craze (something we were fundamentally involved with over here) but thats naturally adding to the overall interest and we are all needing these outlets for the biomass etc . So now we get enquiries from building companies to make hempcrete and insulation and all sorts of things.

Look into hemp if you arent aware of its huge benefits in so many areas :) "hemp can help save the world" and all that

I'm afraid it is going to have to be some degree of social control, which won't please our 'libertarian' friends. Also, an abandonment of GDP as the only measure of prosperity.

GDP one of my rant subjects haha Totally irrelevant to the working man/woman ;)

Dont underestimate us libertarians either. In the sake of greater good we'd be ruthless

A bit warm for you paz, you wouldn't want to swap it for over here. It's the middle of Winter and we're on water restrictions already, our main dam for Sydney down to 50% capacity, no water usage between 10AM and 4 PM. July (middle month of Winter) averaging over 20 degrees (that's well above average) and most of the productive parts of Australia still under severe draught and no sign of decent rain. We have great stretches of grassland in this state (NSW) with no sign of greenery, no feed for stock etc. I've been here for a good many years and never seen anything like it. And a lot of the rest of the world appears to be in a similar mess with no immediate help on hand.
It's clear to me that whatever we start to do now will be too late to do much good.

What a shambles.

Don't like the cold, but low 20s is plenty warm enough for me. If it's too cold you can wrap up, if it's wet wear waterproofs, if it's too hot , you've shot it . (Unless you stay in with the air conditioning on , which most UK homes don't have!)

The first week of Spring here and we've got bush fires all over the shop and no rain. Our fire restrictions are starting a month early and water restrictions due to be worsening shortly. To top it off the forecast is for a dry Spring and Summer. And just to rub it in we've had seriously strong winds in the last week resulting in a power failure yesterday which lasted quite a few hours and didn't help the contents of our fridge. General opinion seems to lay the blame on climate change.
The rest of the world doesn't appear to be doing real well either.

I've had it, I'm going to watch the Ashes.

On second thoughts...................

Loving Greta's work these days. Stepping back behind local activists and also saying, "don't listen to me", is a master stroke.

Loving Greta's work these days. Stepping back behind local activists and also saying, "don't listen to me", is a master stroke.

She’s doing a brilliant job, long may it continue.
It’s the youngsters that are key to reversing this.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet.....this is the result of nearly 10 years work.
With the other things we have in the pipeline, off-grid HVAC sufficient to cool/heat a standard house will be available within 5 years, one of the biggest and so far unaddressed climate change problems being tackled. All down to the new available technologies out there.

https://41-c.com/english/

That's great. One of the unfortunate positive feedback phenomena of the world getting warmer is a greater desire for air con systems run on fossil fuels. I have resisted putting one in my new loft conversion but I did put in an electric ceiling fan. Last couple of summers have been pretty hot and I dread what it will be like in the new room next summer and those of the next few decades.
I also wanted to go for a ground heat pump system but they're expensive and you need quite a lot of land. So my green hypocrisy continues.