Clifton Bridge | Vital Football

Clifton Bridge

in_the_top_one

Vital Football Legend
Driving over it tomorrow morning coming from the east in time to take my dad to Queen's Med by 9. How much extra time should I allow?
TIA

Sorry ITTO can't really help, but it has been horrendous round there. Think there are more lanes open coming in from the east than going out that way, but then I guess in the morning more people are coming in. Is the train and tram an option?

Anyone tried driving to Forest from the west side ? Stayed at home for the Leeds game and watched on Sky, and caught the train for the Charlton game. Guess it's the train again for the QPR game, then I'm off to Cyprus for a couple of weeks, and hoping it'll be fixed when I get back. (Though I wouldn't bet on it).

Really it's the kids that are the most environmentally damaging.
Having an estate to cart around all their crap is a drop in the ocean compared with their impact.

Just two though. Any more is irresponsible and should be stopped!
Just two leads to managed population decline, which is exactly what we need. I applaud the Japanese for having a declining population, although they somehow see it as a problem!? Bollox - they are triumphantly leading the way.

Oh I love my SUV. And it’s diesel. Never mind the SUV damaging the environment, the kids are damaging my health. Just gotta love half term.

It's a diesel too. Don't underestimate my hypocrisy.

But they were environmentally friendly when good old Gordon decided they were best. Maybe they are still relatively more environmentally friendly than we think .............

A new generation of ‘plug-in’ hybrid cars emit up to three times more greenhouse gases in ‘real world’ driving than official figures suggest.

A series of studies found the fuel consumption in the plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs) was far greater on the road than claimed.

PHEVs are powered by a combination of battery-powered electric motor and a traditional combustion engine. But they only have a short range in electric mode - typically of between 15 and 25 miles - amid warnings motorists are neglecting to charge them and instead choosing to run them on petrol only.

In a shock announcement on Tuesday, ministers said sales of new hybrid cars would be banned from 2035 onwards. But experts said last night PHEVs could actually be emitting more CO2 than equivalent petrol-only cars, which are more fuel efficient because they are not as heavy as hybrids which have to carry extra weight of a battery and motor.

But they were environmentally friendly when good old Gordon decided they were best. Maybe they are still relatively more environmentally friendly than we think .............

A new generation of ‘plug-in’ hybrid cars emit up to three times more greenhouse gases in ‘real world’ driving than official figures suggest.

A series of studies found the fuel consumption in the plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs) was far greater on the road than claimed.

PHEVs are powered by a combination of battery-powered electric motor and a traditional combustion engine. But they only have a short range in electric mode - typically of between 15 and 25 miles - amid warnings motorists are neglecting to charge them and instead choosing to run them on petrol only.

In a shock announcement on Tuesday, ministers said sales of new hybrid cars would be banned from 2035 onwards. But experts said last night PHEVs could actually be emitting more CO2 than equivalent petrol-only cars, which are more fuel efficient because they are not as heavy as hybrids which have to carry extra weight of a battery and motor.

Link to study please.

I can believe they aren't as impressive as bragged. But you can apply that equally to petrols, diesels, Black Friday bargains, government announcements and penis sizes.

Non plug in hybrids are least good. Plug in hybrid (so called self - charging) are losing all the economy of scale and possibility of renewables in their electricity generation and they have to carry the weight of the battery in addition to a smaller combustion engine.
However, they do harvest energy under breaking, so should be pretty good around towns, if not on free flowing motorways.

Plug in hybrids can supplement their petrol engines with renewable electricity but obviously you do need to plug them in. Fully electric cars clearly benefit most. Phasing out sales of hybrids is the next stage in the way to fully electric. Can't come soon enough from the co2 and particulates perspective.
I would have bought one long ago if they were in my price range. I guess I'm in the wrong business.

What happened to kids walking or getting buses?
We walk to and from school. The last journey we took together was a hundred miles. It isn't them walking or driving that's the main issue, environmentally. It's that they might eat (I mean literally every day, often more than once!) , wear clothes, use electricity, travel to their places of work and, worst of all, procreate themselves. It's a massive time of the dice!

There's the megabus, I suppose. Could also have got a train (the shiny new Azuma up the east cost mainline, Feco!) but needed to transport a lot of stuff. Also, as the OP states Very Clearly, I needed to take my old man to hospital.
:shrug::car: