Cleaner doesn't like job - makes national news | Vital Football

Cleaner doesn't like job - makes national news

david-avfc

Vital Football Hero
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-24275092

A story on the BBC news site about a cleaner who cleans a university at 4am hates his job, blames students for the problems in his life.

He complains that "it's dirty. People leave their rubbish on the floor." And how he has a degree in his home country, but he doesn't speak English, is somehow unfair that he has to work in this job.

As a student it pisses me off. Nearly everyone drinks and has a good time at uni but people complain about my generation for doing exactly the same thing as they did 10,20,30 years before, but when they did it it was perfectly fine. The article makes out students to all be slobs and be the problem of society, well if there was no mess to clean up this guy wouldn't have a job. Us students did not force him to move to England, its not our fault he can't get a good job, and it not our fault he hasn't bothered to learn the language??!!!

Learn English or pizz off!! Cheaky badstud there are many who would take a job like that the way things are over here,take no notice David Students are a massive part of the future of this country more so than a foreigner who can not be arsed to speak our language.

Thing is David, you are dirty and slingers you students...!

Nah, seriously, I always thought people moaning at me being a uni student were just jealous to be honest.

I say 'bloody students' these days in a totally tongue in cheek way, especially as you now pay via all the student loans etc, so you can't be accused of, as my generation were being a drain on 'their' tax.

Plus I've replayed by paying higher tax in my personal opinion!

Some people are pigs, no reason why anyone should throw rubbish on the floor and expect others to clean up after them, but that isn't just students.

Agrees with JF. When I had my eldest son I stopped working in the work I was trained for. To work around the ex so he had Damo on a night, I went and did a cleaning job at our HQ when we lived in Bingley. It was the Bradford & Bingley so I guess it was in the right place. Ha.

Anyway some of the staff looked down on you working as a cleaner. Just remembering some incidents there with this post. I refused 1 night to clean the men's toilets until someone else had gone in and cleaned up the diarrhea all over the floor as you went in. It was disgusting.

Another time I had just emptied some waste bins in an area of the office I cleaned and a guy working overtime deliberately dropped rubbish on to the ground and starred at me.

I walked over to him and told him 'I wasn't picking it up and why' I also told him 'not to treat me like a piece of S**t' That I worked there as it fitted around my son, and no other reason. It was a good job people did work cleaning as who would clear his mess up' He looked stunned.

I then went off and told our manager there. i said 'sack me if you want, however I am not being treated like that' No she didn't sack me. I was 23 at the time. Nothing changes with some.

My other point is if this person can't speak English how did he manage to talk to the paper and how did he get the job???????????? I smell a rat

Bloody students most of them 10,20,30 years ago wouldn't had gained high enough qualifications to attend a university. Mostly these days they're at a glorified polytechnic doing a degree that didn't exist 20 years ago. Bring back the YTS or stopping moaning and pick your pissing crisp packets up!

ClivetheVillan - 3/10/2013 13:58

Learn English or pizz off!! Cheaky badstud there are many who would take a job like that the way things are over here,take no notice David Students are a massive part of the future of this country more so than a foreigner who can not be arsed to speak our language.

The irony would be lost on you so I shall not bother.

It very difficult for foreign Johnny in England.

When Kakistan economy collapse after help from Iron Lady and movie President, I lose top job in glorious people's heating technology company which turn cow shit to gas for villages. A bit shit smelling when cooking but good in Kakistan winter when prick need thawing to take piss.

I walk across Europe to England because heard good things about freedom and balls of Iron Lady when she gave us freedom and forever poverty. Also big Beatles fan.

Work in England picking cabbages. I am very good worker and get minimum wage but after special costs of food and bed in caravan only pound for hour but this riches compare with Kakistan factory of glorious peoples technology. So no complain. Farmer has very nice Range Rover, which my dream. Kakistan donkey keep you warm in winter but not good for overtaking speed.

Happy time but season end and I need other job. Get lift to Birmingham where famous football club Aston Villa is. Get many different job with pay-rise (two quids in hour) and kind people teach me English. Learn very quick.

See notice in paper for agency for factory in London big city capital for minimum wage riches. Job need skills for soldering copper pipe. Perfect. I win prize for at Kakistan Institute for glorious people's technology. I have certificate.

But bad luck. Man at interview ask questions. I answer. He say we don't employ Brummies here because they never stop moaning.

It very sad story but Big Issue business go very well.

OnMeHeadFred - 3/10/2013 15:01

But bad luck. Man at interview ask questions. I answer. He say we don't employ Brummies here because they never stop moaning.

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:
:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

I can laugh, I'm a Suttonarian!

I agree with you David.

The guy comes over here, doesn't speak English, so how can he expect to get a decent job over here. Students are students. It doesn't matter if it's 1920s or 2011s, a good number of students do the same thing. It's called student life.

The guy should get a life or get a ticket back home if he doesn't like it....... preferably the latter.

SKEGGY - 3/10/2013 15:48

I though that too. lol

Students are the scum of the earth a complete drain of tax payers money open the pits back up i say.

My lad is at uni. He returned for his second year the day we played Norwich. He came home for the summer the day we played them at Carrow road last season. Such a hard hard life

gator - 3/10/2013 16:45

Students are the scum of the earth a complete drain of tax payers money open the pits back up i say.

:19: Gotta be Neil Kinnock? :19:

SKEGGY - 3/10/2013 14:48

:1: I get that ffs im getting clever, ''are talk very good english thank yo very much our kid, yam wrong yo am''! :5:

Villan Of The North - 3/10/2013 16:38

SKEGGY - 3/10/2013 15:48

I though that too. lol

Ohhh i see its a tag team here then is it i have you know YamYam is associated with German as anybody who can not speak German can not understand it you see, just like yam yam language they ain't gotta feckin clue :14:

Maybe if we didn't molly coddle kids at school the way we do now, you know the old punishments of cleaning chewing gum off the underside of tables, there would be a greater respect as the next generations grow older.

Easy to generalise, but plenty would fit the bill painted by the article. Plenty more wouldn't, but that doesn't make the news does it.

So it takes balance. Just like taking at face value that after living in this country for a decade, he generalises 'don't speak the language'.

I'm sure he does or that is one fantastic, unbroken translation, so maybe he means fluently or in the sense of the language the students use?

He also comments he does three shifts during the day, far be it for me to suggest that his time on campus wouldn't involve interrupting lectures to empty bins, so maybe the report doesn't adequately explain his meaning properly.