Clean sheets | Vital Football

Clean sheets

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
win ya games
when everyone was calling for centre forwards ,all we needed was the defence to cut out the individual mistakes roll their socks up and defended and we,ll crack on.
well one free kick in four games conceeded and 4 wins on the trot sees us in second. egan bash jack cranie hendo take a fuckin bow and long may it continue

The number of goals conceded tends to reflect where you will finish in the league. Last season 10th best finished 10th. This season to date 28 conceded 2nd best equal with Weeds. Only the Smoggies have conceded less with a paltry 19.

Credit to both wing backs today as well from a defensive point of view. Scruffy 1`-0 wins all day for me.

It really surprised me that we’d conceded so few especially as we seemed to have gifted a few in certain games.

It seems that the old adage is correct. Attack really IS the best form of defense.

It really surprised me that we’d conceded so few especially as we seemed to have gifted a few in certain games.

It seems that the old adage is correct. Attack really IS the best form of defense.
i like the old adage of stop dropping bollocks and you,ll win lol

Henderson and Egan have made all the difference this season.
Norwood's a major upgrade on last season as well and i'm sorry folks but i include Couttsy in that assessment(i await Signal box Sams silly comment):giggle: as much as i admired Couttsy pre Burton.UTCB

Last edited:
Norwwod's a major upgrade on last season as well and i'm sorry folks but i include Couttsy in that assessment(i await Signal box Sams silly comment):giggle: as much as i admired Couttsy pre Burton.UTCB
id disagree coutts was un playable at times , but its all about opinions:clown:

id disagree coutts was un playable at times , but its all about opinions:clown:
coutts could still play a big part for the remainder of this season were bound to get injuries or suspensions but egan has looked immense these last few games got to be one of the best centre backs in this division think we stole him off brentford for 4 mill

Coutts was more consistent than Norwood, better at ball retention and brought out the best in Fleck, which we haven't seen this season.

Norwood will have more involvement in goal creation than Coutts, but the price there is less assists from Fleck.

It annoys me when people suggest Norwood is far better, etc. It's complete bollocks. But typical football fan short memory syndrome.

Coutts was more consistent than Norwood, better at ball retention and brought out the best in Fleck, which we haven't seen this season.

Norwood will have more involvement in goal creation than Coutts, but the price there is less assists from Fleck.

It annoys me when people suggest Norwood is far better, etc. It's complete bollocks. But typical football fan short memory syndrome.
to be fair fleck has been much better in the last 4 or 5 games and its noticeable that our form has been much better in this period norwood is a great midfielder but still think coutts could have a big part to play in the run in

Norwwod's a major upgrade on last season as well and i'm sorry folks but i include Couttsy in that assessment(i await Signal box Sams silly comment):giggle: as much as i admired Couttsy pre Burton.UTCB

Completely agree with you,Ollie just shades Coutts for me,but there isn’t much in it.
No coincidence that Ollie is going for his hat trick of promotions from this division,he’s a quality midfielder and forms a fantastic midfield with Flecky and Duffy

to be fair fleck has been much better in the last 4 or 5 games and its noticeable that our form has been much better in this period norwood is a great midfielder but still think coutts could have a big part to play in the run in

If my memory serves me right - Fleck normally plays his best football in the second half of the season

If Fleck could repeat his second half of season form, we'll go up.

He's our best player but could really do with showing it again.

I think his job has changed a bit with Norwood though. He has to do more defensive stuff, and gets bypassed more often when we've got the ball.

If Fleck could repeat his second half of season form, we'll go up.

He's our best player but could really do with showing it again.

I think his job has changed a bit with Norwood though. He has to do more defensive stuff, and gets bypassed more often when we've got the ball.
think he saw more of the ball playing with coutts who often played short passes to him whereas ollie plays a lot of great long and diagonal passes and i think fleck has now adjusted to playing alongside a slightly different type of midfielder thing is with norwood i think he could also play a bit further up the pitch and has got a fantastic shot on him

It annoys me when people suggest Norwood is far better, etc. It's complete bollocks. But typical football fan short memory syndrome
Herby we're all entitled to our opinions and i think Norwood is alot better than Coutts,and i've seen a few good midfielders in my time at BDBL.Coutts probs does have better ball retention cos alot of his play involves little 5/10 yard passes where as Norwood is more than capeable of penetratin passes.I like Coutts alot but at this level i think Norwood's top drawer. UTCB