Classy Statement from Lamouchi in the Post | Vital Football

Classy Statement from Lamouchi in the Post

Geedo61

Vital Squad Member
https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...s/magic-moments-sabri-lamouchi-thanks-4592678

Part of the article below -

He said: “It was my dream to work in English football as a manager and the opportunity to do that at a great club in Nottingham Forest was an honour.
“Our dream was to take Nottingham Forest back to the Premier League, where this historic club deserves to be, and to make Forest great again.

“From the first day to the last, we gave our lives to this project, and together we came so close to achieving our dream.
“To the fans, it was an honour to work for your great club. We lived a season that I will never forget.

I know we have moved on - real pity it didn't work out

I don’t think anybody bears him any malice after his time here. Nor does he deserve to be described as a bad manager. It’s a shame how it ended, and he deserves some of the blame for recent form. But there are a lot of factors that have gone into our sudden plummet, including below average recruitment in January. He did well to get the most out of last year’s squad - I would have viewed 7th place as an above average finish for our respective quality and depth.

He could have got us over the line if he'd been more positive the last few games, but with the squad he had we had no right to be where we were. Think he had to go as he was not getting them over that disaster and we could have gone 10 without a win or more, wish him luck in his next job always came across as decent guy who deserved more respect from the people above.

Its a shame it didn't work out and it all came undone just before the lockdown break

Something went wrong and he was unable to fix it

However there were many moments last season that he gave us that we have not had in a long time and the fans really took to him. More than they did with Karanka

He can leave with his head held high in comparison to most managers from the last 2 decades.

You could tell how much he cared on that final day interview after the collapse at Stoke

He was trying to hold it together in the interview

You cannot fake that

He actually cared

He could have got us over the line if he'd been more positive the last few games, but with the squad he had we had no right to be where we were. Think he had to go as he was not getting them over that disaster and we could have gone 10 without a win or more, wish him luck in his next job always came across as decent guy who deserved more respect from the people above.
A lot to agree with here.

I'd add, though, that he was trying to get them over the disaster. His/the club's approach was to get over it by buying a team of new players that didn't carry the baggage of heartbreaking catastrophe at the end of last season.
He was then given only four games with that new team (off the back of essentially no preseason) to get them purring. Hardly an easy task.

It didn't look good though. They didn't really seem on the verge of clicking.
Say it takes Hughton another six games to get it all running smoothly. He will be given that time. Would Sabri have done it in only another two or three? They were his picks, after all. Probably.
We will never know.
We do know that last season he showed his best and worst sides. Let's not dwell on then worst when we write his Forest obituary. Position-wise, at the end of the fixtures, he had given us the best season in years.

A lot to agree with here.

I'd add, though, that he was trying to get them over the disaster. His/the club's approach was to get over it by buying a team of new players that didn't carry the baggage of heartbreaking catastrophe at the end of last season.
He was then given only four games with that new team (off the back of essentially no preseason) to get them purring. Hardly an easy task.

It didn't look good though. They didn't really seem on the verge of clicking.
Say it takes Hughton another six games to get it all running smoothly. He will be given that time. Would Sabri have done it in only another two or three? They were his picks, after all. Probably.
We will never know.
We do know that last season he showed his best and worst sides. Let's not dwell on then worst when we write his Forest obituary. Position-wise, at the end of the fixtures, he had given us the best season in years.

I'm not sure he would have turned it round each loss even without supporters was cranking up the pressure, he was looking more stressed by the game and the players looked confused. The manner of losing a nailed on play off place will have caused a lot of players and Sabri to have huge confidence issues, like grabban this season's had 6 or 7 golden chances and he doesn't look like he can put one away from a yard out. A new manager will hopefully end that issue quicker, and he's very experienced so he knows what he needs to do to get them playing better.

Yes, that's the hope.
But, conversely, he doesn't know the players as well.

Can Hughton say, "Grabban, put those chances away, lad" any better than Sabri? Who knows. Creating, weirdly, hasn't been our biggest problem this season. If Grabban had scored a couple of his many chances, Sabri would still be here.

Anyway, players are used to managerial changes. Prob won't make much difference. It was a marginal decision, IMO, but I can obviously see why people thought it was time for a change. The recent form literally couldn't have been worse.

I'm content that we now have a competent and likable guy in charge. Happy with that.