Clarke Carlisle | Vital Football

Clarke Carlisle

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
We've spoken about him before in his mental health battles and his car crash incident the other year but it's looking like he's fallen victim to it now as he's been missing for hours.

Hopefully this does have a happy ending but with it not being the first time he's involved with something, im expecting the worst.

Mental illness can at times seem like a prison with only one escape apparent. I hope he's found safe and gets the help he needs for the sake of his family as well as himself.

Not sure if any police time or resource was wasted in this latest episode, but this bloke needs to get his act together, for sure he will have put his friends and family through untold worry again.

Ever since his moderate playing career came to an end he has deemed to remain in the public eye, whether it be appearances on Countdown, as a prominent member of the PFA, an awful punditry career or that incident on the A64 near York.

Get a grip you attention seeker, your name is in the news way too frequently for an ex, bang average centre half.

You led a very charmed life, you don't any more, welcome to real life, along with thousands of other ex footballers.

Many, many more millions of people in this world deserving of attention and pity than you.

Neppos - 16/9/2017 01:49

Not sure if any police time or resource was wasted in this latest episode, but this bloke needs to get his act together, for sure he will have put his friends and family through untold worry again.

Ever since his moderate playing career came to an end he has deemed to remain in the public eye, whether it be appearances on Countdown, as a prominent member of the PFA, an awful punditry career or that incident on the A64 near York.

Get a grip you attention seeker, your name is in the news way too frequently for an ex, bang average centre half.

You led a very charmed life, you don't any more, welcome to real life, along with thousands of other ex footballers.

Many, many more millions of people in this world deserving of attention and pity than you.

He's mentally ill so how many of his actions you can deem him culpable for is debatable. This clearly explains why he'd want to appear on Countdown. I do agree somewhat though, an intelligent man should have seen through the sham that is celebrity .

I question whether he is mentally ill, which was kind of my point.

I know he claims he is. But he wasn't when he was completing 500 league games @ circa £20k a week? Made training? Made games?

The best part of £15m earnings, right there.

All of a sudden, he has "mental issues". When his playing career is over.

If my thoughts are with anyone today it's with the hundreds of innocent commuters on the District Line yesterday, those that probably barely slept a wink last night thinking of what might have been.

Not some 37 year old multi millionaire who needs to grow up.