City's Reality Check | Vital Football

City's Reality Check

Well lets see in a few games time which team has learnt the best.
Absolutely, aside from cautioning fans about keeping a lid on expectations, both managers have articulated their confidence in developing and improving the team as the season progresses.

It's a bit of a straw man argument in most cases, including both ours and Exeters. I think the majority of folk aren't 'expecting' promotion and are well aware of the hard graft ahead.

It's a bit of a straw man argument in most cases, including both ours and Exeters. I think the majority of folk aren't 'expecting' promotion and are well aware of the hard graft ahead.

Except on Banter, obviously. ;)

I'm expecting promotion. Having weighed up the squad, the changes, the momentum, the opposition and taken into consideration the potential pitfalls, I expect us to get promoted. I even believe that we have a very real chance of being champions. That doesn't mean that I am getting gung-ho, or being unrealistic, or that I am getting ahead of myself. Two wins don't make a season, any more than one away draw and a poor performance does. Of course I could be wrong, but over the long haul I think I have every right to believe in my prediction and I don't think anyone is going to be in a position to say whether I am right or wrong until around April.

But i’ve already got my tickets for the open top bus parade?

I'm expecting promotion. Having weighed up the squad, the changes, the momentum, the opposition and taken into consideration the potential pitfalls, I expect us to get promoted. I even believe that we have a very real chance of being champions. That doesn't mean that I am getting gung-ho, or being unrealistic, or that I am getting ahead of myself. Two wins don't make a season, any more than one away draw and a poor performance does. Of course I could be wrong, but over the long haul I think I have every right to believe in my prediction and I don't think anyone is going to be in a position to say whether I am right or wrong until around April.

you are just optimistic and entitled to your view.....i`m more pessimistic.

Thank you cherryexile, you've saved me some typing! :cheers: This squad is something special and I can see us being very, very happy Imps come April.

Thank you cherryexile, you've saved me some typing! :cheers: This squad is something special and I can see us being very, very happy Imps come April.

Well as long as people's expectations don't turn into "we've underachieved" if we don't get promoted then that's fine... Well remember posts on previous forums stating before the season even started in the last 3 seasons of Keef's reign that "anything short of automatic promotion will be massively underachieving" It was rot then and it will be rot now if it happens again...

I’m expecting promotion and feel we’ve the squad to achieve it too .... 4 pts from the next two home games will suffice to keep the momentum ticking over too. ?⚪

Well as long as people's expectations don't turn into "we've underachieved" if we don't get promoted then that's fine... Well remember posts on previous forums stating before the season even started in the last 3 seasons of Keef's reign that "anything short of automatic promotion will be massively underachieving" It was rot then and it will be rot now if it happens again...

Yeah that’s exactly my concern. As soon as we have a couple of patchy results that expectation turns into criticism. We know how fickle Lincoln fans are.

IMO what we have seen so far is a team that can obtain a result by not playing well, and when we do play well teams will have difficulty coping with us. All teams in this league will develop over the next few weeks but winning/losing becomes a habit and this is probably what saw us get 4 points from the Northampton & Grimsby games, looking at how those two teams performed last season in comparison too ourselves.

Last edited: