City v LiverpoolTM - Post Match Reax | Vital Football

City v LiverpoolTM - Post Match Reax

Skoorb

Alert Team
A close game between two evenly matched sides. City rode their luck at times, missed a couple of gilt edged chances to extend their lead but also defended stoutly and courageously at times.

Bravo was outstanding, fantastic return for him. He was my MotM. Walker's clearance was brilliant & as good as a goal. Rodri showed his potential and will grow into the role as he learns Pep’s system and gets up to speed with the PL. We looked sharp in the first half but faded in the second as the dippers raised their game. Hope Sané's knock isn't too bad - he was on the pitch at the end which bodes well.

Above all - another notch for Guardiola. This is the guy they doubted could deliver his style of football in the Premier League.

What are your thoughts on the game Blues?

Some stats which illustrate this game of two halves....

City Possession - 1st half 60%, 2nd half 35%

City Passes - 1st half 300, 2nd half 177

Shots - City/Liverpool - 1st half 5 v 4, 2nd half 3 v 13

Absent for City today.....

Laporte, Ederson, Agüero, Fernandinho and effectively Sané

Not a bad day’s work ??

Pep was booked for his reaction to the foul on David Silva.

According to Jason Burt in the Telegraph 'Which, did not, in all honesty, appear to warrant such an angry reaction'.

Meanwhile.....

• Virgil van Dijk was dribbled past for the first time in his last 65 competitive appearances (by Gabriel Jesus) for Liverpool, since Mikel Merino did so for Newcastle in March 2018.

Further thoughts....

The bbc commentary mentioned the anniversary shirts - well done. Better than BT Sport who ignored them altogether either through intently ignorance. Not sure which is worse.

Liverpool fans singing You’ll Never Walk alone during the National Anthem. Classy. Not.

Sané injury - Golden Bollux Alexander-Arnold responsible IMO. His shove on Sané’s shoulder causes him to lose his footing as his balance is affected. Dippers crock a City player right out of the gate.

Kevin Kilbane is joining the ranks of muppet footballers whose ego has been inflated by their elevation to co-commentary status. He didn’t see anything wrong with Gomez’s challenge where DS21 was caught “both feet are high” and “he’s just a split second too slow David Silva”. It wasn’t the height of the challenge you twat. It was the fact that Silva went to play the ball with the side of his foot whilst Gomez presented the sole of his boot to win the ball - dangerous at any time and the result was studs on the top of Silva’s right foot.

Last edited:
Absent for City today.....

Laporte, Ederson, Agüero, Fernandinho and effectively Sané

Not a bad day’s work ??
With all these players missing we still beat Liverpool, Ok they had a better second half, but we missed some good chances. That penalty practice after Wolves has paid off: 5/5. I think we are not quite right with match fitnees yet. As for my MOM I think Rodri did enough and can get better. Maybe Ferna willl slot in as RCB when we get up to speed. I am yet to be fully convinced with JS.

I just don't understand the booing of the National Anthem, we were fined for our fans booing the so called Champions League Anthem, but this is a game played in England at the Capital City of England, where two Teams for English Cities compete in an English League.

OK if you are not English or do not wish to sing the National Anthem that is OK, so instead of booing, just shut the f**k up