City secure the 1896-1910 FA Cup | Vital Football

City secure the 1896-1910 FA Cup

Skoorb

Alert Team
Well done Shiekh Mansour :tophat: :clap:

From the OS -

"City are delighted to announce we are now the proud custodian of the 1896–1910 Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cup) following the recent purchase of the trophy at auction by Club owner, His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed.​

It was originally feared that the trophy - considered by The Arts Council to be an item of International Historic Significance - would be privately purchased and taken overseas.​
However, the trophy will now remain in England for the benefit of English football.​

A forerunner of the FA Cup in use today, the trophy is one of the most significant artefacts in world football and the oldest surviving piece of FA Cup silverware in England.​

It was also the first trophy won by Manchester City 116 years ago in the 1904 FA Cup final, when the Club beat Bolton Wanderers 1-0, becoming the first professional football club from the city of Manchester to win a major honour.

In line with His Highness Sheikh Mansour’s wishes, the trophy has been offered on loan to the National Football Museum in Manchester, where it has been housed since 2005."​
(My emphasis above........one in the eye for the 'Club With No History' morons we encounter so regularly)

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/fa-cup-1904-his-highness-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-63745630

Let's see the naysayers try and spin this story.......

They do point out that they did win the FA Cup in 2010, but I think they were at Old Toilet that year, but they have never won anything in Manchester since then as they are JoMU

You mean 1909? Their current ground opened a year later - and out of site of the cameras it shows.

Of course this trophy is from 1896 as the first was stolen the year before when in possession of Aston Villa.

FFS apart from tory grandees locked overnight in the M&S foodhall and looking for something to do, who reads the Mail these days? I suspect it is a tory wankfest, most of us have moved on to something with a little more um, let's see . . . gravitas . . . soul . . . decency . . . Guys, it's not too late, you can do it!!!