City Retain The League Cup! - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 4 | Vital Football

City Retain The League Cup! - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

During the match it was all about “plucky underdogs” Chelsea and ‘how hard they fought’; with the farce at the end of added time it is all about them again and the mealy mouthed backtracking by the keeper and Sarri.

That Chelsea, with all their resources and the talent at their disposal, a team pushing for the top four of the league, should sit back with 10 men behind the ball for three quarters of the first 90 minutes, that they should display such an utterly gutless lack of attacking intent and effectively get consistently praised by the commentator and Alan Smith.........dreadful bias.

They may have been eviscerated two weeks ago but to retreat totally into a shell and not attempt to win the game, to effectively play like a side from two league below surely should th the subject of greater scrutiny and criticism. Maybe the papers will display more balance as long as they too don’t get distracted by the keeper fiasco.

During the match it was all about “plucky underdogs” Chelsea and ‘how hard they fought’; with the farce, at the end of added time it is all about them again and the mealy mouthed backtracking by the keeper and Sarri.

That Chelsea, with all their resources and the talent at their disposal, a team pushing for the top four of the league, should sit back with 10 men behind the ball for three quarters of the first 90 minutes, that they should display such an utterly gutless lack of attacking intent and effectively get consistently praised by the commentator and Alan Smith.........dreadful bias.

They may have been eviscerated two weeks ago but to retreat totally into a shell and not attempt to win the game, to effectively play like a side from two leagues below surely should the subject of greater scrutiny and criticism. Maybe the papers will display more balance as long as they too don’t get distracted by the keeper fiasco.

What you say Skoorb is quite true literally and whilst we do want praise for doing a great Job in winning the League Cup Title back to back for the first time in our History putting another feather in Pep Guardiola's Cap Chelsea were the underdogs and we are the big bad wolves who had given this London based Club a damned good thrashing only a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair also they had the best player on the Park as Hazard was running rings around some of our players So the bias was expected, they did not come out to make a game of it which was their plan to frustrate us and they hoped to get us on a counter attack, fortunately for us City's back four did their jobs superbly with the honours going to Olex Zinchenko with his best display in the Blue shirt came out as City's man of the match.

Fortunes of war and all that and I am thankful to Kepa and Mr Sarri, because between them I think they won the Cup for City, Kepa by not coming off and putting Willy Caballero the only man in Chelsea's side that is not only a proven penalty saver but must have faced many of the City players in training. Mr Sarri because he played Kante and Jorginho in the same team and as we know Kante is the better player when he plays in Jorginho's position.

So we were favourites the commentators from Sky were the second string, but 'All's Well That Ends Well'

That decision baffled me. I will eat my hat the day we get awarded a positive outcome from this system.