City on this day - 9 October. | Vital Football

City on this day - 9 October.

Chippy_Tea

Vital Squad Member
Some games played on this day by City.

1984 City beat Blackpool 3-1 in the League Cup at home . Jim Tolmie 2 & Gordon smith

1982 The Blues lose 2-1 at Everton . David Cross for City

1974 The Blues 1-0 to the rags in the league cup at the swamp

1971 City beat Everton 1-0 at home . Francis Lee with the winner.

1968 City draw 1-1 at home to Arsenal. Colin Bell for City

I was just thinking that when i watched the video of Phil Foden with the U21's he looks about 8.
zjPBhgJkzkgeJsMaoPqe.gif

Some games played on this day by City.

1984 City beat Blackpool 3-1 in the League Cup at home . Jim Tolmie 2 & Gordon smith

1982 The Blues lose 2-1 at Everton . David Cross for City

1974 The Blues 1-0 to the rags in the league cup at the swamp

1971 City beat Everton 1-0 at home . Francis Lee with the winner.

1968 City draw 1-1 at home to Arsenal. Colin Bell for City

I've got the programme from that derby game. United in the Second Division, we lost 1-0 to a penalty given for a 'dodgy' handball.

I have to give credit to Moon for these threads he has an unbelievable amount of these videos and dates saved.

Was Chris Jones an ex Spud? I don't remember him at all, too tall for a #11. These were the years of temporary #9's - Cross, Boyer, Francis etc - not like now where we don't even have one.

Jones only played 3 games for us before moving on but indeed he played for Spuds before coming to City for £100,000 in Sept, 1982 and was sold in November the same year to Crystal Palace and I expect for less money than we paid, we hardly ever made money on players when we were on the downslide of the roller coaster.

Jones only played 3 games for us before moving on but indeed he played for Spuds before coming to City for £100,000 in Sept, 1982 and was sold in November the same year to Crystal Palace and I expect for less money than we paid, we hardly ever made money on players when we were on the downslide of the roller coaster.

Thanks for that - £100k was still a fair bit of money back then. Three games in three months, top forward planning!