City on this day - 15 October. | Vital Football

City on this day - 15 October.

Chippy_Tea

Vital Squad Member
Anyone remember any of these games played by City on this day

2016 City draw 1-1 at home to Everton but miss Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bryune both miss penalties. Nolito scores.

2011 City beat Villa 4-1 at home.Mario Balotelli Adam Johnson Vincent Kompany and James Milner score.

2003 City win 1-0 at Lokeren in the UEFA Cup to go through 4-2 on aggregate. Nicolas Anelka with the goal.

1994 City win 2-1 at QPR. Garry Flitcroft & Paul Walsh score

1988 City win 1-0 at Plymouth. Brian Gayle with the winner. Any die hard Blues do the 3 long trips in 8 days?

Ipswich on the previous Saturday (430 miles round trip ) Plymouth on the Wednesday (560 miles round trip) and the same on Saturday,

Over 1500 miles for all 3. I just did the Ipswich game.

1977 The Blues lose 2-1 at Champions to be Nottingham Forrest. Brian Kidd for City

1962 City win 4-2 at Blackpool in the League Cup. Alex Harley 2 Alan Oakes & Peter Dobbing score.

Thanks to Moon for the original.

Last edited:
That's the earliest example I've seen of that mouth covering lark, they're all at it these days, I get why they do it but it looks snidey.

How sad is it that players cannot discuss something without covering their mouths for fear someone will lip read what they say, what a sad world we live in.