City Ground | Page 21 | Vital Football

City Ground

I mean he's likely to be losing money right now, not just at his football clubs but across his shipping empire. Maybe he wants to see when the crisis ends before pushing forward.

EMs shipping business will be booming at the present.

Looking at his shipping business he appears to have a long line of customers in the Oil business:

https://www.evangelosmarinakis.com/shipping

The cost of hiring Oil Tankers has rocketed in the last two Months due to the glut of Oil:

From last weeks FT:

https://www.investorschronicle.co.u...us-tanker-stocks-are-set-to-surge-here-s-why/

"Currently, almost 30 oil tankers are anchored as storage off the coast of southern California – tankers that would have originally gone out to the source of the supply chain and shipped it around the world. Stranded might be a better word, as they are full up with oil, but unable to deliver it. Refineries are flat out. Space is running out to fill the glut in oil, and this has led to the price of storage space doubling in just two months. Land storage is full, and tankers are filling up.

Last week, we saw what happened in WTI futures as the May contracts went negative. When storage runs out nobody wants to hold a physical product they can't store, and so it should come as no surprise that tanker stocks are swiftly moving through the gears."

EMs shipping business will be booming at the present.

Looking at his shipping business he appears to have a long line of customers in the Oil business:

https://www.evangelosmarinakis.com/shipping

The cost of hiring Oil Tankers has rocketed in the last two Months due to the glut of Oil:

From last weeks FT:

https://www.investorschronicle.co.u...us-tanker-stocks-are-set-to-surge-here-s-why/

"Currently, almost 30 oil tankers are anchored as storage off the coast of southern California – tankers that would have originally gone out to the source of the supply chain and shipped it around the world. Stranded might be a better word, as they are full up with oil, but unable to deliver it. Refineries are flat out. Space is running out to fill the glut in oil, and this has led to the price of storage space doubling in just two months. Land storage is full, and tankers are filling up.

Last week, we saw what happened in WTI futures as the May contracts went negative. When storage runs out nobody wants to hold a physical product they can't store, and so it should come as no surprise that tanker stocks are swiftly moving through the gears."

I wouldn't mind getting wanchored on a boat off the coast of Southern California right now.

I do get the impression that not many on here are bothered one way or the other on this but I do. Well into 7 months since the planning application was made and no updates since mid March on the RDC portal. Somebody out there must have some knowledge of just what is going on. Surely.

I do get the impression that not many on here are bothered one way or the other on this but I do. Well into 7 months since the planning application was made and no updates since mid March on the RDC portal. Somebody out there must have some knowledge of just what is going on. Surely.

I can't imagine this is a priority for RDC & certainly not for Forest at present... whilst it may seem a good time to get works underway, there will be much more important aspects to focus on - i.e. the more immediate future and sustainability of the club.

I can't imagine this is a priority for RDC & certainly not for Forest at present... whilst it may seem a good time to get works underway, there will be much more important aspects to focus on - i.e. the more immediate future and sustainability of the club.
As you probably quite rightly say OKD this is not a priority for RBC, but why? Has the planning department shut down ? Other applications are being dealt with, why not this one. Lets be clear on this, I am talking about planning being granted not the start of building works. I believe this project to be crucial in the short and long term sustainability of the club and it seems that a few people with very unreasonable objections are at present holding sway over the local authority and preventing it happening.

As you probably quite rightly say OKD this is not a priority for RBC, but why? Has the planning department shut down ? Other applications are being dealt with, why not this one. Lets be clear on this, I am talking about planning being granted not the start of building works. I believe this project to be crucial in the short and long term sustainability of the club and it seems that a few people with very unreasonable objections are at present holding sway over the local authority and preventing it happening.

The planning department won't have shut down, but no doubt they will have staff unable to work (i.e. if shielding) and most others will be working at home.

Physical onsite inspections only commenced approx 3 weeks ago and if Forest aren't pushing that hard themselves, other areas will be prioritised based on those who shout loudest.

The planning department won't have shut down, but no doubt they will have staff unable to work (i.e. if shielding) and most others will be working at home.

Physical onsite inspections only commenced approx 3 weeks ago and if Forest aren't pushing that hard themselves, other areas will be prioritised based on those who shout loudest.
So things are happening all be it very slowly OKD. Would you care to elaborate? If i am being over critical of RBC then fair enough.

Sorry OKD but I think that on reflection I may have misinterpreted your post. Do you mean "physical on site inspections" generally or specific to the City Ground proposal? If it is the former then my criticisms I think are still valid ones. My own personal opinion on the matter is that the Nottingham Boat Club with an active membership of around 150 may be the body who's objections are the ones that RBC are most mindful of. If I am wrong then of course i would be willing to retract my statement.

RBC & all other planning departments are & were behind with applications prior to covid, let alone those that face objections and they are now working with reduced staffing.

Covid hasn't stopped people sending in planning applications, of all types and the smaller builders have still been building, these still need onsite physical valuations to be done to meet building regs etc.

In my opinion, NBC are trying engineer a bigger/better settlement - they know that they hold the key, a ransom strip if you like and we either revise our plans to leave their historic shed in place or pay them off.

NBC will equally have suffered financially during lockdown, so their own priorities may well shift too.

That said, we at NFFC have other priorities and given that almost all staff had been furloughed - we will not be pushing this at present.

objections were insignificant.

any discussions about development when noone actually knows if football will even survive under certain cicumstances isnt going to be slowed, its rationally going to be buried 5 foot deep

Another two weeks gone. Televised football has returned and still no further on with the planning application. The old main stand could have been cleared away and enabling works carried out with little expenditure by now ready for a start on site. Something is wrong here.

Another two weeks gone. Televised football has returned and still no further on with the planning application. The old main stand could have been cleared away and enabling works carried out with little expenditure by now ready for a start on site. Something is wrong here.
yep, your silly q's

sorry man.. but its like asking how long a piece of string is. The whole thing is off for the forseable future. Economic suffering hasnt bit yet nor has covid gone. Until these things have been fixed there wont be any development, probably not at any sports team in the whole world. Its just the way it is and totally understandable. The league may not even survive in a worst case scenariio, Even if sky pulled out cos no viewers watching empty stadiums its all over

but its like asking how long a piece of string is. The whole thing is off for the forseable future. Economic suffering hasnt bit yet nor has covid gone. Until these things have been fixed there wont be any development, probably not at any sports team in the whole world. Its just the way it is and totally understandable. The league may not even survive in a worst case scenariio, Even if sky pulled out cos no viwers watching empty stadiums its all over
And you know this how?

what do you mean? these are realities of where we are. How long do you think people will be able to watch whilst clubs are going into admin and theres no crowds?
Not even the luminaries on here know when or indeed if the stadium will be upgraded. What we do know is that a planning application has been made by the club. That needs and more to the point deserves an answer from Rushcliffe Borough Council.