City Gossip | Page 109 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Funny how they can suddenly ‘clarify’ (I.e. change) the rules mid season. Probably change it back as soon as the dippers or JoMU score one under similar circumstances.

simply the new rule does not make sense, Mings didn't have to play the ball, he did and played Rodri onside, but now it is a farce going back to when it is or isn't offside.

Indeed. I find the Fail's characterisation of the incident as "Rodri's trick" and thus implying that it was nasty, sneaky City that got away a mean and unethical piece of play.

The rule was the rule - he did nothing wrong - but by using this description the narrative continues that sneaky, evil City got away with something.

Last edited:
Indeed. I find the Fail's characterisation of the incident as "Rodri's trick" and thus implying that it was nasty, sneaky City that got away a mean and unethical piececif play.

The rule was the rule - he did nothing wrong - but by using this description the narrative continues that sneaky, evil City got away with something.

I agree Skoorb we did so underhandly, I know we say this time and again but had that been City defending and a Villa playing the ball, they would have called it a brilliant piece of skill and accused the City defender of being asleep

I agree Skoorb we did so underhandly, I know we say this time and again but had that been City defending and a Villa playing the ball, they would have called it a brilliant piece of skill and accused the City defender of being asleep
The pundits would have been banging on about "He should know the rules and he made a MASSIVE mistake...... City's Defensive Woes return...." :blah:

"he’s a fighter"

Really? Seen precious little evidence of that. Would appreciate some examples Mr Belmadi. Prima Donna maybe. Scores the sixth goal in a thrashing but selfishness affects his judgement before then. Had he wriggled free like Torres did Vs SU last weekend I would have put big money on him shooting rather than setting up a team mate.

Champions League squad for knockout rounds
Goalkeepers:
Ederson, Steffen, Carson
Defenders: Walker, Dias, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo
Midfielders: Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Torres, Fernandinho.
Forwards: Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero.
The UEFA website currently lists the following youngsters as being on City's 'B List': Eric Garcia, Phil Foden, Tommy Doyle, Cole Palmer, Alpha Dionkou, Adrian Bernabe, Felix Nmecha, James McAtee.