City Gossip | Page 86 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Sorry for the late heads up, but Sky are showing at 8pm the 2012 Etihad derby on the PL channel, and the 2018 League Cup Final on Main Event and Football channels.

Decisions.....
The agony of choice........hope you enjoyed whichever one you chose to watch ‘live’

They have been filling their channels with re-runs of matches both infull and highlights which has been helpful. I have even taken a perverse pleasure from watching a few games involving the rags when they come out the wrong side of the result. Their 5-0 thrashing by Newcastle under Keegan in the 1990s was pleasing and I have their 4-4 draw from 2012 lined up .........in am sure it will make me smile.

Does this make me a bad person? 🤔

The agony of choice........hope you enjoyed whichever one you chose to watch ‘live’

They have been filling their channels with re-runs of matches both infull and highlights which has been helpful. I have even taken a perverse pleasure from watching a few games involving the rags when they come out the wrong side of the result. Their 5-0 thrashing by Newcastle under Keegan in the 1990s was pleasing and I have their 4-4 draw from 2012 lined up .........in am sure it will make me smile.

No.
🤣

Yes :gent:

Sorry for the late heads up, but Sky are showing at 8pm the 2012 Etihad derby on the PL channel, and the 2018 League Cup Final on Main Event and Football channels.

Decisions.....

Although billed as a 2012 Etihad derby, it wasn't THE one when I turned it on.
Swiftly tuned in to the Arsenal final.
I've noted when Sky have usually re-run derbies at home, it's been the ones where it hasn't gone to plan....

I cannot recall the details but the 4-4 draw only counts if the rags were ahead and thought they'd won it but were pegged back.

But isn't the new narrative that these days we are obsessed with Liverpool, perhaps watch their title decider with Arsenal from the last century instead?

Alli banned for one game after his tweet in February where he mocked an Asian nan during the early days of the coronavirus outbreak.

Funny.....I don't hear the same fuss being made about this as there was about Bernardo Silva......

Dele Alli: Tottenham midfielder banned for one match over coronavirus post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53007456

Just taken a trip down memory lane watching a few of City’s games on The Big Match from the 1970s which brought on some thoughts.....
  • How weird it is to see the keeper pick the ball up from a back pass
  • The pitches were often awful (Chelsea v City 1971 FA Cup)
  • We played some lovely football under Mercer & Allison
  • Colin Bell was a magnificent player (I know, I know but it still amazes me how good he was. De Bruyne really reminds me of him)
  • There were some curious decisions from officials back then “the linesman is flagging for offside against Osgood but the referee waves play on” ....as the ball is received by another Chelsea player
  • There was so much less fuss about decisions - players just got up and got on with it
  • No time wasting by keepers - City winning 0-3 at Chelsea and he runs round the goal to collect the ball, doesn’t knock half a ton of mud off his boots on the post like they do on the bowling green surfaces we see today, and gets the ball back into play
  • So many of the players look much older than the current generation....Coates’ comb over in 1977 when we played Spurs is just bizarre
Great to see these matches again

Bernardo tweet a picture on a chocolate bar to his good friend Benjamin Mendy and said the picture looked like Benjamin when he was younger, deemed to be racist, I just wondered how many kids have been teased for looking like the Milky Bar Kid, which could be now classed as racist?

I gave been thankful that that incident occured some time ago because if it was more current.......I dread to think of the response now.

Just taken a trip down memory lane watching a few of City’s games on The Big Match from the 1970s which brought on some thoughts.....
  • How weird it is to see the keeper pick the ball up from a back pass
  • The pitches were often awful (Chelsea v City 1971 FA Cup)
  • We played some lovely football under Mercer & Allison
  • Colin Bell was a magnificent player (I know, I know but it still amazes me how good he was. De Bruyne really reminds me of him)
  • There were some curious decisions from officials back then “the linesman is flagging for offside against Osgood but the referee waves play on” ....as the ball is received by another Chelsea player
  • There was so much less fuss about decisions - players just got up and got on with it
  • No time wasting by keepers - City winning 0-3 at Chelsea and he runs round the goal to collect the ball, doesn’t knock half a ton of mud off his boots on the post like they do on the bowling green surfaces we see today, and gets the ball back into play
  • So many of the players look much older than the current generation....Coates’ comb over in 1977 when we played Spurs is just bizarre
Great to see these matches again
Brilliant Skoorb brings back memories when I went to matches and hoped it was a boggy pitch, we played better on those kind of surfaces, when players stayed on their feet and didn’t go down like a sack of spud at the first touch, when a tackle was a proper tackle and the crowd gasped when the ref got his book out, because you knew then that it was serious and the offside law was just a rough guide to stop play if the linesman was tired or not running up and down, I could never understand why they stopped at the half way line.