City Gossip | Page 99 | Vital Football

City Gossip

When has football ever cared about the players. They have always been treated like cattle to be bought and sold and told to find a new club. We have played only too games, not happy with Peps whinges this early in the season. Starting to sound like Maureen.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54307869
I think he was disappointed with such a short break and the fact that the premier voted for only three subs, it has started to take effect with a number of players from other clubs out with injuries and self isolation

Pep's salute for Nicolas Otamendi...
"Well, he was part of our incredible success and consistency is for Nico. He is an incredibly nice guy and especially the season we won the Premier League with 100 points, he was the key player for us.

"In the back four he was incredible. We thought we needed a young squad. He was more than 30. I wish him and his family all the best. My absolute gratitude for how he helped me from day one and his desire to improve.

"He will always be part of my best memories here in Manchester. "

Lovely tribute for the guy - got on with his job, never complained and worked hard 👏🏻 Prone to some heart-stopping rush-of-blood ill-timed lunges in the vicinity of our penalty area at times but am thankful for his contribution and wish him well in the next stage of his career:tophat:

Lovely tribute for the guy - got on with his job, never complained and worked hard 👏🏻 Prone to some heart-stopping rush-of-blood ill-timed lunges in the vicinity of our penalty area at times but am thankful for his contribution and wish him well in the next stage of his career:tophat:
I don't think we heard any complaints from him at all and was old school in his tackles and we wish him well with his new team

Cheesy latest

Pep has lost some of his sparkle and I do think the death of his mother is affecting him - just my feeling given all the circumstance. It would be wholely understandable for such a loss to take the lustre off the world and your job and cause you to reflect on your priorities. Time for the players to step up and deliver for the guy who has helped them to achieve so much at City.

Pep has lost some of his sparkle and I do think the death of his mother is affecting him - just my feeling given all the circumstance. It would be wholely understandable for such a loss to take the lustre off the world and your job and cause you to reflect on your priorities. Time for the players to step up and deliver for the guy who has helped them to achieve so much at City.

I don't think it is a case of that people like Pep thrive on the buzz and the atmosphere of big games, we all have been their when you could cut it with a knife and bottle it, add to that some really daft laws and although I have been an advocate of technology VAR has ruined some aspects of the game.

I don't think it is a case of that people like Pep thrive on the buzz and the atmosphere of big games, we all have been their when you could cut it with a knife and bottle it, add to that some really daft laws and although I have been an advocate of technology VAR has ruined some aspects of the game.
VAR has made the game worse, not better. That and introducing bad rules is ruining the cash cow.