City Gossip | Page 5 | Vital Football

City Gossip

A regular in the Villa midfield rather than an effective (but makeshift) left back at City? - deserved to play for England.

I was hoping we would continue our habit of snapping up Villa midfielders (Milner - Delph - ?) by putting in a bid for young Grealish.

In the same way I'd hope we'd sign Fred (Fernando - Fernandinho - Fered) to establish a similar pattern with midfielders with 'holding' qualities.

Played 30 games in a record breaking season for the English champions.

A regular in the midfield or LB?

Midfield, I think he's better technically than anyone England have in there at present.

When he's playing LB for us he's not really left back, he spends the majority of his time in midfield and covers the left side against counters.

Let’s hope all players return safely from these constant interruptions that plague our season and cause fixture problems come May.

Of course the current City squad are a great team by virtue of our posative style and obtaining 100 points last season, we have 1 more point this season than last, so maybe 101 this time round?

He was mentioned on 5 live last night and basically they said if Pep thinks he is good enough to play for us there is no reason he shouldn't do well in the U21's.