City Gossip | Page 112 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Actually, I partly agree with Opta.....but....

I keep my own personal spreadsheet of City's seasons and records, and I've classed our victories after penalties domestically in the League Cup as draws, with a note that mainly wins, but also losses, has been by that method.

I can see both points of view but do find it a bit silly that you can win a cup on penalties but according to Opta you didn't win the game.

I can see both points of view but do find it a bit silly that you can win a cup on penalties but according to Opta you didn't win the game.
Exactly, in the old days a drawn final would bring on a replay. Extra time, pens, toss of a coin, one team has to win.

One of only three teams in Europe to ever achieve this feat. Drink that in.....Wonder how the nay sayers are going to try and denigrate that? :hmmm:

• Manchester City have won their last 21 games in all competitions, scoring 55 goals and conceding just eight. City are one of just three teams from the big-five European leagues (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain) to record more than 20 consecutive victories, after Bayern Munich (23 in 2020) and Real Madrid (22 in 2014).