City Gossip | Page 109 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Indeed. I find the Fail's characterisation of the incident as "Rodri's trick" and thus implying that it was nasty, sneaky City that got away a mean and unethical piece of play.

The rule was the rule - he did nothing wrong - but by using this description the narrative continues that sneaky, evil City got away with something.

Last edited:
Indeed. I find the Fail's characterisation of the incident as "Rodri's trick" and thus implying that it was nasty, sneaky City that got away a mean and unethical piececif play.

The rule was the rule - he did nothing wrong - but by using this description the narrative continues that sneaky, evil City got away with something.

I agree Skoorb we did so underhandly, I know we say this time and again but had that been City defending and a Villa playing the ball, they would have called it a brilliant piece of skill and accused the City defender of being asleep

I agree Skoorb we did so underhandly, I know we say this time and again but had that been City defending and a Villa playing the ball, they would have called it a brilliant piece of skill and accused the City defender of being asleep
The pundits would have been banging on about "He should know the rules and he made a MASSIVE mistake...... City's Defensive Woes return...." :blah:

"he’s a fighter"

Really? Seen precious little evidence of that. Would appreciate some examples Mr Belmadi. Prima Donna maybe. Scores the sixth goal in a thrashing but selfishness affects his judgement before then. Had he wriggled free like Torres did Vs SU last weekend I would have put big money on him shooting rather than setting up a team mate.

Champions League squad for knockout rounds
Goalkeepers:
Ederson, Steffen, Carson
Defenders: Walker, Dias, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo
Midfielders: Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Torres, Fernandinho.
Forwards: Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero.
The UEFA website currently lists the following youngsters as being on City's 'B List': Eric Garcia, Phil Foden, Tommy Doyle, Cole Palmer, Alpha Dionkou, Adrian Bernabe, Felix Nmecha, James McAtee.