City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22 | Page 9 | Vital Football

City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the same with airlines. They don’t want to issue paper tickets anymore and it speeds things up through security and check-in.
I have a smartphone, albeit an old one but I don’t trust mobile technology, so everything is disabled and I only use it for calls and texts.

228798091_4491067770903385_6826316441365552230_n.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We got out of it through being hapless and mediocre - and by being given the means to buy ourselves out of it.

through years of being the underdog and the annoyance of that banner at old toilet (the swamp) the constant why sign for City when United come calling, Stretford never having been accused of buying the league the sheer lack of anyone literally anyone questioning that the monopoly of the Sky four was not fair, but suddenly it becomes an issue. The balls of steel that ADUG had(has) to take on City in the shadow of JoMU and create a global image despite the concerted efforts of those Clubs and organisations packed with officials from those clubs and then having been a fan who has been on the roller coaster and stuck with the club through thick and thin. It was beyond my dreams that we would ever win any major trophy again and I love it.

Whilst never forgetting our roots there is an enormous satisfaction in seeing our club become a major force in football again. Apart from the one recent (ESL) mis-step, the owners have played a blinder.

One recent minor disappointment would be the price hikes for the shirts - the ‘stadium’ versions now retailing for £70 (adult) which frankly is ridiculous and a shame that we are in this respect no different from the other clubs.

Whilst never forgetting our roots there is an enormous satisfaction in seeing our club become a major force in football again. Apart from the one recent (ESL) mis-step, the owners have played a blinder.

One recent minor disappointment would be the price hikes for the shirts - the ‘stadium’ versions now retailing for £70 (adult) which frankly is ridiculous and a shame that we are in this respect no different from the other clubs.

It's easy to blame Covid and the losses by companies, but once again it's the fan that has to burden the cost, when common sense may tell you, if you reduce the cost then although the profit margin will be less for each shirt, the overall profit would be greater as more people will buy the shirts.

through years of being the underdog and the annoyance of that banner at old toilet (the swamp) the constant why sign for City when United come calling, Stretford never having been accused of buying the league the sheer lack of anyone literally anyone questioning that the monopoly of the Sky four was not fair, but suddenly it becomes an issue. The balls of steel that ADUG had(has) to take on City in the shadow of JoMU and create a global image despite the concerted efforts of those Clubs and organisations packed with officials from those clubs and then having been a fan who has been on the roller coaster and stuck with the club through thick and thin. It was beyond my dreams that we would ever win any major trophy again and I love it.
Absolutely spot on Buzz. It puzzles me why anyone else can’t see it unless, of course, they simply are not (and never were) City.

Absolutely spot on Buzz. It puzzles me why anyone else can’t see it unless, of course, they simply are not (and never were) City.

City through and through since 1970. And I've actually seen them play in the flesh, not just on Sky!!!! (or from behind the sofa like some people on here seem to do).

Last edited:

Absolutely, and I love it too! I was at the Full Members Cup Final in the 80's and thought that signing Gordon Davies and Mark Lillis would be as good as it got - but we have bought success just a little more effectively than others. And now we're about to potentially spaff £200m on a couple of players, let the good times roll!!!!!

City through and through since 1970. And I've actually seen them play in the flesh, not just on Sky!!!! (or from behind the sofa like some people on here seem to do).
Been to Maine Road many times before moving down south. Only been to the Etihad a few times most notably our first title win in 44 years. What a day! Can’t go now since I lost my husband but as you say, I have Sky and watch behind the sofa if it’s a really scary one!! :eek:

Absolutely, and I love it too! I was at the Full Members Cup Final in the 80's and thought that signing Gordon Davies and Mark Lillis would be as good as it got - but we have bought success just a little more effectively than others. And now we're about to potentially spaff £200m on a couple of players, let the good times roll!!!!!

we probably passed each other and never knew, it was a good day out even though we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.