City Fined £50,000... | Vital Football

City Fined £50,000...

Rising

Alert Team
...for failing to control their players at Wigan.

Not a word in this article about any sanction against Wigan for the pitch invasion or the abuse of Aguero.
The FA are a complete and utter joke.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11273323/manchester-city-fined-50000-for-failing-to-control-players-against-wigan

Not only the FA but surely Sky Sports ought to include whatever sanctions Wigan gave faced - unless their case has yet to be resolved

Skoorb - 2/3/2018 18:26

Not only the FA but surely Sky Sports ought to include whatever sanctions Wigan gave faced - unless their case has yet to be resolved

Good point. The failure to mention Wigan's part In the affair infers that we were the only offenders.

This is the BBC's piece.
No mention of any sanctions against Wigan either.
Hopefully, Skoorb is right and it's a case of the FA not yet announcing their punishment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43264389

Any mention of any sanction against Taylor, it was his incompetence with issuing cards that kicked it all off.

Wigan were charged for both failing to control their players and the pitch invasion and I suspect that investigations into the latter will take longer to conclude so perhaps they will wait to announce both sanctions together. Similar fine for the player issue I would imagine.

Colin Is The King - 3/3/2018 10:26

Haven't we got previous on this, and that's why it's been 'resolved' so quickly as we decided to take the rap? :048:

Chelsea game last year where surprise, surprise Taylor was ref.

And against Liverpool last year, Oliver was the ref.

Colin Is The King - 3/3/2018 10:26

Haven't we got previous on this, and that's why it's been 'resolved' so quickly as we decided to take the rap? :048:

Chelsea game last year where surprise, surprise Taylor was ref.

And against Liverpool last year, Oliver was the ref.

This game was on 19th Feb. As there is still nothing coming out of the FA regarding Wigan's fate, I have today emailed them asking why the delay and when the outcome is likely to be.
I got an automated reply saying that general enquiries may take up to five days to be responded to.
:060:
I will let you know if I ever get a reply.
I'm not holding my breath.

Rising - 12/3/2018 11:48

This game was on 19th Feb. As there is still nothing coming out of the FA regarding Wigan's fate, I have today emailed them asking why the delay and when the outcome is likely to be.
I got an automated reply saying that general enquiries may take up to five days to be responded to.
:060:
I will let you know if I ever get a reply.
I'm not holding my breath.

I'd be very interested in any reply Rising. In fact we could make it into a front page article, but only if you would allow it.

Well done Rising :026:

As you say, this incident happened nearly two months ago. Surely more than sufficient time for matters relating to the investigation to be completed. Wigan’s fine for failing to control thier players should be at least at the same level as City’s and as for the pitch invasion and abuse of Agüero, I cannot fathom what I saw taking so long. The lifetime bans can be progressed by the club as the individuals get identified etc but the overall action from the FA in respect of fining Wigan for failingto have proper stewarding in place etc, that surely should be able to be concluded by now.

We will await an update but like you I would anticipate only a holding “the matter is still under investigation and so we cannot comment” whilst they wait to sweep it under the carpet :014:

More anti-City bias from the powers that be.

It's looking as if Wigan are not facing any sanctions for the behaviour of their players or fans.

Absolute travesty.

I'm starting to go off professional football now - just too much money and the inevitable, resultant corruption.

https://mancitysquare.com/2018/03/16/fa-concerned-manchester-citys-failure-control-players/

Wigan have been charged.

SURROUNDING MATCH OFFICIAL (SCHEDULE B) – STANDARD CASE
Wigan Athletic FC
Wigan Athletic FC v Manchester City FC
The FA Cup
19 February 2018

Breach of FA Rule E20(a) – It is alleged that in or around the 45th minute of the fixture, Wigan Athletic FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

Charge Admitted- Standard Penalty One Accepted (£2,500 fine)

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/feb/28/fa-charges---february-2018

The disparity in fines for the same offence is odd - my impression was that both sides were about the same in their reactions. We may have some historic previous but not sure it merits the difference in scale of fine.

Interesting as Buzz points out that there is zero reference to the pitch invasion :048:

The FA couldn't hold out any longer and have finally charged Wigan.......only took two months

FA Cup: Wigan charged over pitch invasion after Man City victory - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43582797