City Finances | Page 2 | Vital Football

City Finances

Well there is absolutely no way we have spent close on £800k on transfers.
Not on one season and not in probably most seasons put together.
So what does that figure represent ?
If it includes signing on fees, agent fees and other transfer related expenses for all contract negotiations it could be up there. Some of the current players extending contracts would be in there too then.

the amortisation of that amount for the year is approx one fifth...
?

Yes, it looks a bit strange but Pett, Wilson and Frecklington were all signed in January 2018 on 2.5 year contracts (so their amotisation is around one fifth by June 2018.

We also signed four players for this last season (Smith, Andrade, O'Connor and Toffolo before 30 June, so 100% of their signing on fees/transfer fees would be shown and none of it would have been amortised in those accounts.

Akinde wasn't signed till early July (I think) so his signing is probably not included.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks a bit strange but Pett, Wilson and Frecklington were all signed in January 2018 on 2.5 year contracts (so their amotisation is around one fifth by June 2018.

We also signed four players for this last season (Smith, Andrade, O'Connor and Toffolo before 30 June, so 100% of their signing on fees/transfer fees would be shown and none of it would have been amortised in those accounts.

Akinde wasn't signed till early July (I think) so his signing is probably not included.
if you are saying that the £151,000 is the amortisation of one fifth of the pett, wilson, and frecklington deals. that means their total transfer registration costs were £755,000. are you sure about that?

also meaning that the deals for smith, andrade, o'C and toffolo cost us only £40k.

i'm thinking that thinking might need a re-think.

if you are saying that the £151,000 is the amortisation of one fifth of the pett, wilson, and frecklington deals. that means their total transfer registration costs were £755,000. are you sure about that?

also meaning that the deals for smith, andrade, o'C and toffolo cost us only £40k.

i'm thinking that thinking might need a re-think.

No, I'm not saying that, I'm trying to explain why the amortisation for that year looks low at around 20% when most players are given 2 or 3 year deals and therefore it ought to be around 35-40%.

It's because we had several players who were signed midway through the year or right at the end of it.

We can't know because the club doesn't publish any details so you always have to make big assumptions.

The amortisation of £151k doesn't just include the January 2018 signings of Pett, Frecklington and Wilson, but also the signing on fees and transfer fees of the rest of the squad still under contract - including ones signed during the summer of 2017 such as Bostwick, Anderson and Green.

Look if there was a spare egg foo yung going at the event can you blame him.

Isn`t Lincoln twinned with Hunan province?
Interesting?
South Africans buying into Notts.........it`s all going international.

Hunan has a population of 67 million and fourteen cities with a pop of more than a million. I don't see how you can twin our city with a province the size of the UK!

Hunan has a population of 67 million and fourteen cities with a pop of more than a million. I don't see how you can twin our city with a province the size of the UK!

"Impossible is just an opinion" quote DC.

We need to steal a march on this twinning process especially twinning with a town in another country of similar size.(defunct model)

Lincoln twinning with Hunan province might be seen as an inspirational move in years to come.(blue sky thinking)
Once we start Fenty will be on the blower to hunt out his own Chinese links.

Lets get the twinning signed up and underway and who knows how many new Lincoln fans will be flying in on a Saturday for home games.(flights into Heathrow,London hotel stopover followed by fast train to Lincoln Central for the 3pm ko....partaking of our local delicacies,haslet,chine,plum bread etc.and home via the club shop,hopefully emptying it of product.)

LCFC preseason tours in the offing,Great Wall of China anyone?
Young Chinese lad joining our academy with a view of developing them into the first eleven or even further.
The premier league football tourist business is operating at capacity and the football tourism business could be promoted further down the chain.

Liam,how`s the temp stand going.....it might be needed.

Noticed DC looked tasty in his whistle in your link and was smiling......all good?

Last edited:
A Chinese construction firm to redevelop the ground? They'd have it done by the start of the season the rate they build stuff!!!
Now you are talking and whilst they are here might as well put a few extra bore holes in to check for oil under the Selenity.

Love the 'talking about the success of the imps' part. "Yes sir, there are lots of opportunities for students from Hunan here at Lincoln College. And did I mention that John Akinde scored nine out of ten of his penalties this season?"
Don`t think there was a lot of chat about us getting booted out of the football league he wasn`t interested but he did perk up when DC told him we were joint 5th in the re-election table
see link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-election_(Football_League)

Yes, when DC went into the success that City had over the years in getting re elected then the sake really started to flow.(JOINT 5TH)

DC decked out in one of the lucky colours of Feng Shui for 2019(cool shades blues,purple greys.) DC did his homework.

2019 Chinese year of the pig,hope the scratchings had been ordered in advance!

i`M trying to learn basic Mandarin to keep up with my missus who loves learning new languages....i`m pony.
starter link Mandarin

We should definitely sign a Chinese international from Hunan province , whoever happens to be their current young star.
And then order 67 million shirts with his name on.
He can sit on the bench for games and only be brought on whenever we get on live TV.

No, I'm not saying that, I'm trying to explain why the amortisation for that year looks low at around 20% when most players are given 2 or 3 year deals and therefore it ought to be around 35-40%.

It's because we had several players who were signed midway through the year or right at the end of it.

We can't know because the club doesn't publish any details so you always have to make big assumptions.

The amortisation of £151k doesn't just include the January 2018 signings of Pett, Frecklington and Wilson, but also the signing on fees and transfer fees of the rest of the squad still under contract - including ones signed during the summer of 2017 such as Bostwick, Anderson and Green.

Anyway going back to these numbers, it does all seem quite baffling to be honest.
(And I'm an accountant ?)

Is it the total cost of acquiring new players in a 12 month period, not counting their salaries? So transfer fees to other clubs, signing on fees to the players themselves, fees to any 3rd party agents, loan fees??
Any or all of that? Anything else?
Coaching staff costs too or just players?

It just does seem very high.