City beat Wolves 4-1 on penalties - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Vital Football

City beat Wolves 4-1 on penalties - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Stats Link:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=586710

<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2017. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped Cup Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

JB Away for West Brom but back for Napoli...

Trevor Sinclair

Ex-England and Man City winger at Etihad Stadium

It has been an absolutely scintillating game of football - it has had one-on-ones, goalline clearances, the lot.

Two teams going hell of leather at each other, just no goals.

Hope we sharpen up in front of goal against the Baggies, some awful shooting tonight, I guess they're allowed an off day.

Nice to see Bravo have his moment.

Deserved it after them three stops from the one on ones (two of which should never have been, with Mangala being fouled on both occasions).

Thought Zinchenko did well too, a couple of times he didn't drive to the byline when he should have but overall I was impressed.

Bravo kept us in the game, and finally won it for us.
Zinchenko ran out of gas noticeably from about the 80th minute onwards. I was surprised Danilo got taken off instead of him.
Overall, Mangala did his cause no good at all. I agree that there certainly seemed to be fouls committed on him (I was at the other end, the family stand), but he made two poor errors in the first half at our end, with the foul in a dangerous area where the Wolves forward was going away from goal (he certainly did that with his header), and then caught in possession when he was the favourite.
He was looking to play a square pass and allowed the forward to take the ball off him, and this was the first one on one save that Bravo made.
Adarabioyo had a neat and tidy game I thought. I wonder if he's moved ahead in the order in place of the Frenchman? :048:

The one when Mangala was caught in possession before ht was a result of being fouled. The Wolves player jumped into his back, looking back at it then perhaps he shouldve been stronger but I think the linesman is very poor not to spot that he had been jockeyed and knocked off the ball as a result.

I think Mangala is as good as gone. Tosin I don't know, if Mangala does go there'll be someone else brought in to replace him, so I'd presume that signing would be ahead of Tosin.

Fair comment on Zinch CITK, I guess that can be put down to lack of match fitness, that's the first time he's kicked a ball in anger this season at any level.

Did anyone see a replay of that offside call that Evil Pep lost his head over? I'm curious to know if it was the right call and the broadcaster was more interested in replaying Evil Pep's conniption.

Highlights here Buzz

[youtube=/Kc7i4cBDXmw]

The first incident with Mangala that I referred to above is at 1.25.

Guardiola talking balls:

“It is not acceptable, the ball was unacceptable for a high-level competition,”

“It is too light, it moves all over the place, it is not a good ball. It is impossible to score with a ball like that and I can say that because we won, I’m not making excuses. All of my players said: ‘What is that?’ I’m sorry Carabao Cup is not a serious ball for a serious competition. It’s [for] marketing, money, OK but it’s not acceptable – [it has] no weight, nothing.”

Bluedub - 24/10/2017 22:55

Hope we sharpen up in front of goal against the Baggies, some awful shooting tonight, I guess they're allowed an off day.

If Pep is right and the Ball was too light, then I don't think we have anything to fear at the Hawthorns.

Regarding the ball, there was a piece on Twitter last night from the MEN about the Football League ball being used in this competition, as it's theirs' (the comp).
Presumably the regular ball the PL are used to is used in the FA Cup? :048:

I'll have a look at the highlights above on a different server. Cheers for that.

I see your point on Mangala's second (in my view) 'error', but that sort of challenge was being let go all night by a Premier League referee, causing frustration all round.
There was relative consistency in this particular game.
It always seems to crop up regarding refereering standards/attitudes in the cups though.

Colin Is The King - 25/10/2017 11:42

I see your point on Mangala's second (in my view) 'error', but that sort of challenge was being let go all night by a Premier League referee, causing frustration all round.
There was relative consistency in this particular game.
It always seems to crop up regarding refereering standards/attitudes in the cups though.

I thought Friend was very poor in general. Not biased or agenda or any of that, just crap.

Yaya talking balls:

"They can do better than that. It’s too light. Even in my country, they can’t use those kind of balls."

"They have to be better than that because the ball was too soft. It’s rubbish, but that’s fine. The 2010 World Cup one was better."

Rising - 25/10/2017 09:10

Is there a different ball for different competitions?

Yes - a Mitre ball is used for the EFL cup. Not sure if they use the same one in the Championship/Football League.

I think Nike supply the PL ball.