CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa | Vital Football

CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa

Lawyer Up :guns:

Any guesses what Pep will be asked about at his next press conference 🤔

Last edited:
well at least we know now what we are up against, City who have maintained all along that they have done nothing wrong and insist that they have irrefutable evidence to back up those claims, the end is almost in sight, but one thing that struck home in what City say, that all the investigations have been inhouse and the agenda from the start of FFP has been clear, that UEFA have been victim, prosecutor and judge with absolutely no independent impartiality about it, the terms of reference has been clear from the off was to stop City, I am surprised they did not shove in a transfer ban on top

Now we get the long, drawn out appeal, hooray!

i think City are already armed with their appeal and are ready to go. UEFA too must have all the evidence the need to defend an appeal and whilst the case may be heard within months, it is almost certain that no CAS decision will be made for some time and City if they make too 4 or win the thing will be in next seasons champions league with City fans booing louder than ever, failure to allow them to enter the competition whilst it is under appeal and just in case CAS find in favour of City UEFA will let City in or face huge financial compensation claims

The UEFA president Cerefin was a guest of the club at, I think, the Shakhtar game, and the impression given was that things were relaxed between the two parties.
I wonder what changed?

:love1: What a lovely Valentine's present from UEFA! The timing stinks...... Just before the resumption of their elite competition? Really?🤔

Tin hats on. The haters will be out in force. BBC's closet rag Simon Stone could barely contain his glee.

This was one of his first tweets....

"A senior football exec told me yesterday that the net was closing on @ManCity - it has been closed and tied up!! What happens with Pep??"

I actually feel oddly relieved that this phase is over. The agenda is finally revealed. Having failed with their first attempt in 2013 when they moved the goalposts this latest effort has one focus...... the emasculation of City's revenue stream. By tarring the club's reputation they (UEFA & the European 'Royalty') hope to choke off sponsorship, affect the club's transfer policy by making it an unattractive proposition to elite players, dissuade any top coach from succeeding Guardiola.......

Last edited:
:love1: What a lovely Valentine's present from UEFA! The timing stinks...... Just before the resumption of their elite competition? Really?🤔

Tin hats on. The haters will be out in force. BBC's closet rag Simon Stone could barely contain his glee.

I actually feel oddly relieved that this phase is over. The agenda is finally revealed. Having failed with their first attempt in 2013 when they moved the goalposts this latest effort has one focus...... the emasculation of City's revenue stream. By tarring the club's reputation they (UEFA & the European 'Royalty') hope to choke off sponsorship, affect the club's transfer policy by making it an unattractive proposition to elite players, dissuade any top coach from succeeding Guardiola.......
In a nutshell, Skoorb.
It reeks.

And here it is.
'Better late than never'
La Liga president Javier Tebas has praised Uefa for the decision. He has previously been critical of City's spending.

"Uefa is finally taking decisive action," the outspoken Tebas tweeted. "Enforcing the rules of financial fair play and punishing financial doping is essential for the future of football.

"For years we have been calling for severe action against Manchester City. We finally have a good example of action and hope to see more. Better late than never."

And here it is.
'Better late than never'
La Liga president Javier Tebas has praised Uefa for the decision. He has previously been critical of City's spending.

"Uefa is finally taking decisive action," the outspoken Tebas tweeted. "Enforcing the rules of financial fair play and punishing financial doping is essential for the future of football.

"For years we have been calling for severe action against Manchester City. We finally have a good example of action and hope to see more. Better late than never."
I doubt you are getting the last laugh, you knob.:censor: