City 7 Stoke 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

City 7 Stoke 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Stats Link:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=586375

Stats © BBC Sport 2017. All Rights Reserved.

The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow...

Gabriel Jesus:

"I'm really happy and pleased to be playing with high-level players like Kevin. We all feel lucky to have him in our team.

"We have been working hard and face every game to win and score lots of goals. We're really happy with how we are playing."

8 out of 10 City outfield starters either scored or assisted today - only the two centre-backs didn't.

Pep Guardiola:

"“I am happy for the victory, we had to focus after the international break, to start well. We didn’t lose easy balls, we play fast and simple. That’s why I am very pleased. We can always do better but I cannot deny that today was the best performance since I arrived here.

"I am here to win, I am not here to entertain.

"This is the way we want to play, our confidence is high. Everybody believes we are going to win. We create many chances.

"We know each other more, I know my players more, the league more and the other teams more.

"De Bruyne is a guy that is so dynamic and can control the game. He is a big talent and made a good performance today."

Since his Man City debut in September 2015, Kevin de Bruyne has provided 32 assists in the Premier League, more than any other player.

Outstanding from de Bruyne.

He was never a player for Maureen, never in a million years. The guy would have no idea how to utilise his skills.

The rags are clinging desperately to their oft-repeated mantra: "Yeah, but they started last season llike a train and look what happened" refusing to see the changes and improvements that have been made.
:020:

A mate of mine said keep an eye out for one Paul Ince who has declared City would struggle to earn the point at Candlefield that the rags did today. He's probably right the bitter git.

This City side is different gravy to the one that came undone against Celtic. We've already passed that landmark by 2 league games, let alone 2 weeks. Plus we weren't embroiled in CL qualifiers this year either. Neither had we beaten Liverpool and Chelsea by that stage.

Leslie Hughes:

"At 3-2, we got into a position where we might have got something out of the game, but if we are being honest it probably flattered us at 3-2.

"Players like De Bruyne see this situation and then just grab the initiative and say `this isn't acceptable' and take the game away from you with the quality of their play.

"First half I thought we were poor defending. Slightly better second half, but some of the goals we couldn't do anything about because of the quality of the passing and the quality of the strikes."

Johnny Baguette - 14/10/2017 18:23

This City side is different gravy to the one that came undone against Celtic. We've already passed that landmark by 2 league games, let alone 2 weeks. Plus we weren't embroiled in CL qualifiers this year either. Neither had we beaten Liverpool and Chelsea by that stage.

Exactly, Mr. B. The rags have their hands over their ears and are singing loudly "la-la-la" in complete denial.

Johnny Baguette - 14/10/2017 18:18

A mate of mine said keep an eye out for one Paul Ince who has declared City would struggle to earn the point at Candlefield that the rags did today. He's probably right the bitter git.

He probably is right but I'd rather go down fighting than take the coward's way out that Mourinho does.

Sorry I'm late to this forum today, but I've just been taking it all in on other social media platforms.
I haven't looked at any of our other threads (MDT), but today was just MAGNIFICENT, especially the first 45. I think it's the finest I've ever seen, and I do go back a bit :010:

It was a pleasure, and I get to see it all again in another 15 minutes. When it got to three, I said to Mike, who provided the opportunity, it was nailed on for Sky's game of the day - I'm afraid the marking for today's comp might be a little late!