City 7 Stoke 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

City 7 Stoke 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Indeed.
Watching that clip in full, it brought home to me how much confidence is flowing through the team.
It all starts with a backheel by Otamendi, I think, on the touchline. Most would've been happy for the defender in that case to tap the ball out of play.
Of course, if it had gone wrong, the view could've been very different :010:

I listened to Allardyce this morning on Goals on Sunday going on about Guardiola being ‘the highest paid club manager in the world’ (no idea where he gets that from) demanding ‘the best players in the world’ and the Club ‘buying the best players’ all the old clichés :040: :040: but not once mentioning that maybe the guy has actually added something to the mix himself. Always the same old stuff - it’s only the money spent, never giving credit for the team ethic Guardiola has nurtured and the work he has put in with individual players to make the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

That just sums up Allardyce for me - limited.

I watched that Skoorb, the biggest thing he failed to acknowledge was that just two of the new signings were in the side yesterday.

Exactly. Beneath it all the subtext was (once again) the age old mantra “Anyone (i.e. Me, Sam Allardyce) could win things when you spend that much money on players”.

The refusal to acknowledge what he has done with the squad - no Agüero yesterday, no Mendy, no Kompany - speaks more about the critics/pundits/commentators than it does about anything else.

I guess that Allardyce will never be in the position that PG finds himself i.e. a top club with the resources to fulfil his vision - In-ger-Land post (sort of) excepted and he fecked that up off the field.

Likewise I doubt that Guardiola will ever find himself having to keep a team out of the relegation zone.

So who is the 'better' manager - maybe it is horses for courses?

This is actually a first for me ever about which goal was best, the fact is in most games you get one decent effort, but there was some seriously top class goals I loved the team effort and unselfishness in all over them.

We could have seven goals on this month’s Goal of the Month competition.

And still it would be awarded to a rebound off Lurkakakoo’s backside

Yes but we had four last month, and I am trying very hard not to be a smug bastard but we are scoring some stunning team goals, I just hope it lasts till about February and then we hope it bucks up a bit

Hard to pick the best out of a top bunch so I’ll go for that beautiful strike from the Fernandinho man who has been playing some very good and quiet football plus taking a couple of cards for the team.

A piece on De Bruyne's pass....but which one?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kevin-de-bruyne-genius-manchester-city-assist-stoke-city-goals-guardiola-a8003776.html