Offsides: 4 v 1
Fouls: 6 v 8
Bookings: 0 v 1

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

'A champions display'

Manchester City 5-0 Swansea

Stephen Warnock

Ex-Liverpool defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

Excellent from City, a champions display, worthy winners, moved the ball well, scored some sublime goals. Kevin de Bruyne was the pick of the players and scored a thunderbolt of a goal.

The score could have been anything, City could have stepped up a gear and scored more. Swansea will probably be happy coming away with five. It could be a massive result at the end of the season but a negative way.

Last edited:
Manchester City 5-0 Swansea

Gary Lineker

Ex-England striker on BBC One

Phil Foden looks completely at home playing alongside City’s superstars. Very exciting young English talent.

Attachments

• On The Pitch!.jpg
    On The Pitch!.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
1015 passes today. Records continue to fall. 12 points to play for with West Ham away next week perhaps the biggest threat to the 102 point objective. Never in any doubt today. Wonderful to see subs Yaya, Blue Mendy and Foden who could yet be Southgate's wild card in Russia if he features regularly. This is the finest City team I have ever seen. Bar none.

That was nice to see. Professional job well executed.

No sign of City stepping off the gas & great to see Mendy backing the pitch. Foden’s cameo was excellent. He had better invest in some ankle protection. Yaya and showed his quality with that pass for Gabriel’s goal:bow: . Kompany made some super tackles. Bernardo was super.

I have to stop.....

That is one of the sweetest strikes I have seen since Elano’s free kick against Newcastle back in 2007 :bow:

Carlos Carvalhal speaking to Sky Sports:

"This is the 14th time this season that Manchester City have won by more than three goals, sometimes by four, five, six or seven so they are from another planet in this competition.

"We tried to played honest but for the first two goals they discovered places where other teams would find difficulties, the third goal is amazing from Kevin De Bruyne. I think we had three or four situations where we could have achieved a goal.

"We blocked very well with the lines, but the first and second goals they discover different place with the individual quality of the players they have. I wasn’t happy after half an hour but after 30 mins we started to play a little more.

"In general it was a very difficult game like we expected. We knew it would difficult to achieve points if we got one it would be a big bonus because nobody achieves points here except Manchester United.

"We have four games left to play, some teams have just three so everything is in our hands to stay up."

"They are champions, they are a team from another planet.

"We are playing to survive. We lose one game and at this moment we are still four points from the teams behind us. This game we forget it and we move to the next game to try and achieve the points.

"We have recovered nine points in three months, we have four games left. It is in our hands. I hope we can solve the things before the last two games but if we don't, we have the two games at the end I think with he determination and commitment we have we will achieve it."

Pep Guardiola:

"The important thing is the performance, we played at a quite similar level this season. Swansea have lost just three games with Carlos as manager. It’s not easy against them, we attacked really well.

"It’s never unfinished business in football, you have to keep improving. Looking for records helps to keep the players focused. The league is won, now it’s the records. The numbers keep the players focused."

“It was a happy atmosphere around the stadium, getting off the bus and of course the supporters. The most important thing was a good performance.

“You have to keep improving, if you think ok we are already champions, we are done, you cannot play like the way we played today. So we spoke to the players in the week about that. If we are improving it will be good for the new season, finishing in a good way.

"When they had the ball we pressed so good and so intense and then when we had the ball we had to l keep it moving, moving, moving, playing simple until we had the chance to play a final pass.

"Swansea have had good results under Carlos Carvalhal against Arsenal and Liverpool and that’s why it was so important to focus, play well and score.

"Benji. It’s been more than six months, his social media is so active now it’s time to take a step and stay focused because he’s back and we hope for the best Mendy for next season."

A nightmare for us. It was vintage and typical Man City, what we've got used to from you this season, but nevertheless our lack of ambition and effort really frustrated our fans today. We at least wanted to see some fight in us but it was quite pathetic really.

Yes it seemed odd that Swansea hardly made any effort to get goals
A nightmare for us. It was vintage and typical Man City, what we've got used to from you this season, but nevertheless our lack of ambition and effort really frustrated our fans today. We at least wanted to see some fight in us but it was quite pathetic really.

I agree Kevin if the Swans had been my team when you play teams from the top 6 you are on a hiding to nothing so why not give it a go.

If you try to defend against this type of team eventually you will concede unless you are very lucky.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, .I do think one more win will do the trick

We are spoiled.

There's been 9 wins by 5 goals or more so far this season in the Premier League. City have five of them wins.

Or in other words, City have won games by 5 or more than the rest of the teams in the league have combined.

Man City 5-0 Swansea City Match Stats & Player Ratings

I’m beginning to run out of words about how I describe this seasons 34 Premier League performances. But I’ll try.

We witnessed, yet again another sublime Manchester City display at the Etihad against a defensive but disciplined Swansea side. However, the lad’s patience and perseverance eventually paid off while we Blues merely sat in awe, drooling over what was being played out in front of us.

The 5-0 victory takes us up to 90 points, 16 clear of second-placed Manchester United. However, if the lads win two more out of their remaining four games City will smash Chelsea’s record tally from the 2004/05 season.

Another statistic was the number of passes the lads accumulated – 1015 to be precise. The very first team to eclipse the 1000 barrier.

MCFC player ratings, out of 10.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/man-city-5-0-swansea-city-match-stats-player-ratings/

First you have to get the ball and your team just could not get hold of it and keep it.