City 4 Burnley 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Match Stats....

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=588810

<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2018. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped FA Cup Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

What a team we are witnessing :021:

In the meantime I am ion tenterhooks awaiting Sean Dyche's complaints about the free kick being taken before his player had been allowed to retreat ten yards. Should be hilarious and make my week.

I bet he doesn't say....

"Well, it's just not fair. Our player had stationed himself about a yard from the ball to delay the kick being taken and give us time to organise the defence. The referee told him to get back and he was slowly on his way, taking his time about it as you do, but before he could get into position having achieved the aim of slowing down the game and getting ourselves sorted, the ref just allowed them to take the free kick! It's an outrage!!

"All the advantage we had gained by committing the foul in the first place was lost immediately. And just letting them play the ball whenever they wanted.....well, I would have tanned my lad's backside if he'd tried that in our back garden. I always say to him - let your opponent settle down, get themselves comfy and sort out who they're marking before you take any free kicks. Don't you be trying anything sneaky and underhand like taking the kick quickly - that's just unsporting"

Twat.

Their player - Cork? - should have actually been booked for delaying the restart.

It's in the rules Sean. Law 12. Third line down mate.

DELAYING THE RESTART OF PLAY

Referees must caution players who delay the restart of play by:

appearing to take a throw-in but suddenly leaving it to a team-mate to take

delaying leaving the field of play when being substituted

excessively delaying a restart

kicking or carrying the ball away, or provoking a confrontation by deliberately touching the ball after the referee has stopped play

taking a free kick from the wrong position to force a retake

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't wait for the real interview.

It was a scintillating City display in the second half

Man City 4-1 Burnley

Steve Wilson

Match of the Day commentator

Burnley had the audacity to take the lead and City were frustrated.

But then two goals in 94 seconds from Sergio Aguero turned the tie around.

Manchester City wanted to avoid any kind of headlines today and they did that with a scintillating display in the second half.

They are now 32 games, domestically, unbeaten.

Pep Guardiola:

"Both of Sergio Aguero's goals were amazing, there were clever and quick and I am happy with both of his goals.

It's an honour for me to have Aguero under my command. The quality he has is amazing and we need him to score a lot of goals. Aguero is the kind of player that in a matter of seconds can score two goals. He is an essential player for us."

"David Silva is a legend for the club for what he has done. I am happy for him to have made his statement and it is not easy for him to travel to Spain and England back and forth. But we are happy because everyone is playing well. And for today."

Sean Dyche:

"I thought we were very good until they scored their first - a very contentious goal - and then we looked a bit punch drunk.

"It all changed very quickly and my only gripe is how quickly we switched off after the first goal."

"The first goal was contentious because the referee could use his common sense and stop that from happening.

"The referee said he did not need to blow the whistle. The law and common sense view of refereeing is what is important at that moment. Our player is three or four yards away from the referee gesticulating if he is going to blow the whistle and at that moment Manchester City played it into the slot our player would have been.

"It is a strange one today. You come away from a result like that and the scoreline doesn't suggest how the game went. There were so many good things from us today."

No sympathy - his player should have retreated into position earlier rather than been delaying the free kick, the rest of his team should have been switched on already. If his side had scored nin the same way he would have been hailing them as geniuses and claiming it as quick thinking on the part of his players.

Nothing contentious about it whatsoever. Just sour grapes.

Moaning git.

Pushing Maureen hard for the title of ‘Moaner of the Year’ :058:

Two superb pieces of intelligence by Gundogan helped get us the two quick goals that established control of the game.
The performance overall was a bit of a curate's egg, but it's another four goals scored.

By the way, we're a s**t Man United according to our Lancastrian bretheren :010:

All the goals - highlights from the game on BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42591520

He took his goal well Sane but he does hit it high lots of times for some reason. Maybe just his young age I suppose. Great prospect.

Skoorb - 6/1/2018 18:38

No sympathy - his player should have retreated into position earlier rather than been delaying the free kick, the rest of his team should have been switched on already. If his side had scored nin the same way he would have been hailing them as geniuses and claiming it as quick thinking on the part of his players.

That is exactly what they Burnley player was doing trying to stop City taking a quick free kick, but he wasn't quick enough Dyche should be angry at his own players not the referee, how many times do we see throughout city games where fouls are given and we just take a quick one to get on with the game, the fact that it was near their area should make no difference (blame Bobby Moore )

OziMan - 7/1/2018 04:51

He took his goal well Sane but he does hit it high lots of times for some reason. Maybe just his young age I suppose. Great prospect.

The whole team do, we sit top of the stats league for hitting the woodwork in the premier league.