City 3 West Brom 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

City 3 West Brom 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Cracking debut from the new boy - although not seriously tested he did everything he had too very well and showed excellent quality.

Great work from the side in seizing the day and maximising the defeat of the rags. Mind the gap. 15 points. Again.

And once again shameful and inexplicable officiating- no booking for the lunge on Walker, McClean Lucky only to see a yellow as he tried to chop down Kev, Phillips on Diaz........words fail me, absolutely fail me :013:

The objective remains. Seal the title by 7th April and smash the Stretfords. If we play again as superbly as we have done tonight as well as maintain momentum in the 3 cups, then it’s on. But. If pisspoor scattergun fatso referees continue to allow disgusting 2 footed fouls on our speeding players, El Boss will be struggling to name his strongest side. Man of the Match Laporte. Imperious.

The numbers game...

24 goals in 29 appearances: Kun Aguero.
8 wins from 13 games required to win the league.
Gap between 1st and 2nd is now the same as the gap between 7th and West Brom.
City scored 23 goals in January and conceded 10.

Pep Guardiola:

"Nice performance, top performance, deserved to win. Three more points.

"All the season Kevin de Bruyne has played an outstanding level. If one of the best players run and right like Kevin does the rest follow him."

"I just had a nice chat with the official. We have a different opinion, I understand what they say but I disagree. I said what I said, insisting the same. It is what it is. We can have different opinions but in the end always respect for what they do."

"Yesterday Laporte made the first training session, just passed the ball, but today we saw how good he is. He made an amazing, amazing performance. We are so happy for him."

Two views of Fernie's goal.

https://twitter.com/MCFCLens/status/958798401218469889

https://twitter.com/MCFCLens/status/958802558616768512

I have just watched the tackle on Diaz, how again is that not a red, it does make you wonder if there is a conspiracy, I mean Mclean's lunge at KDB, if he had got him like he intended then that was a career finisher.

I am speechless

Will Ferna get a three match ban? you would not credit all the red card tackles on City players and the loop will be on Sky tomorrow.

Seriously when Diaz stood up he should have borrowed a mobile phone and called 999 to report an assault.

If that tackle had been on a player from the peoples champions there would be a royal commission into the state of reffing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtgGBC0QGXg Cheeseys take on the game, some very good comments by our supporters.

Watched the eclipse which started around 7*45 pm WA time and lasted around three hours.
Watched it turn into a true Blue Moon and it was actually magic to watch it being so close to earth. I knew then we were bound to win. :026:
Be a bit later for Ned and John but hopefully they managed a glimpse.
I will not be around for the next one so it was extra good to see it.

OziMan - 1/2/2018 05:53

Watched the eclipse which started around 7*45 pm WA time and lasted around three hours.
Watched it turn into a true Blue Moon and it was actually magic to watch it being so close to earth. I knew then we were bound to win. :026:

Glad you got to see it, Ozi. The moon was extremely bright above my house last night (like a bare lightbulb) but it was it's normal colour.. what I would call a hunter's moon.

OziMan - 1/2/2018 05:53

Yes it was special, and I do hope to be around and live forever using spare parts grown in the lab