City 3 Burnley 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Stats Link....

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=586644

<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2017. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

Pep Guardiola:

"Burnley have won in amazing stages this season.

"This was another good performance. In the second half it was amazing how good we played. A lot of control and after the second and third goal the game is over. I'm so happy to continue our winning mentality.

"It was a penalty. Bernardo touched the goalkeeper. He touched Bernardo's foot and put him down."

"Aguero should pay a tribute to us, he should invite us to dinner maybe. One more goal, it's going to happen sooner or later.

"Another clean sheet is so important. We have the ability to score a lot of goals. We had a lot of chances and the keeper made some good saves. We were stable in front and back."

"The record is good if you lift something, titles or a trophy. It means a lot. Of course it is not easy to win 11 in a row, so it's good."

So. City to West Brom and the rags welcome Spurs next weekend. Interesting.

Even more interesting is how the media are reluctant to even mention the rag defeat. The Guardian has not even filed a report!

The rags were shocking by all accounts. Maureen has savaged his side. Loving it.

However to us.

Gotta keep powering on now and show no mercy.

I think EL Boss has copped on to the PL. Consistent nucleus selected, reward.

Sean Dyche:

"They are fantastic at the moment and playing with confidence so you know it will be a tough day.

"You have to get everything right. Some things got away from us, certainly the referee's decisions.

"We stuck at it but not enough. It's not a place you can come and expose your team. We tried to press the keeper when we could but they now have a keeper who can kick the length of the pitch. City now have a better mixture and they can play football but can also turn you. A much better mixture. We know we are still learning. Some of these clubs are the finished product."

On the penalty: "The problem is at the moment, there is contact. But if I contact my kid in the garden I would be amazed if he got that high off the floor. It is amazing how high these players go. How has the referee has seen it? I had to watch it four times to see contact.

"If that's a penalty then I want one on Chris Wood last week. We just want parity."

Spurs and Chelsea next up in the league for the Stretfords.

City to West Brom then Arsenal in town.

Real opportunity with this momentum to break further clear.

Johnny Baguette - 21/10/2017 17:37

Sean Dyche:

"They are fantastic at the moment and playing with confidence so you know it will be a tough day.

"You have to get everything right. Some things got away from us, certainly the referee's decisions.

"We stuck at it but not enough. It's not a place you can come and expose your team. We tried to press the keeper when we could but they now have a keeper who can kick the length of the pitch. City now have a better mixture and they can play football but can also turn you. A much better mixture. We know we are still learning. Some of these clubs are the finished product."

On the penalty: "The problem is at the moment, there is contact. But if I contact my kid in the garden I would be amazed if he got that high off the floor. It is amazing how high these players go. How has the referee has seen it? I had to watch it four times to see contact.

"If that's a penalty then I want one on Chris Wood last week. We just want parity."

If you landed on your kids foot like that then he'd end up in A&E Sean, let's be honest here.

Colin Is The King - 21/10/2017 17:59

Sane's goal, another pass out of the De Bruyne master class.

https://twitter.com/Everything_City/status/921764986980102151

De Bruyne’s slide rule pass aside you know what I love about that goal? After his flick around the corner, Agüero absolutely busts a gut to get into the area :001:

.....and Otamendi’s goal - the two Burnley centre halves do not give up chances readily and scoring against Sean Dyche’s well drilled and disciplined side from a corner is not to be sniffed at.

Funny how the ardent critics of Otamendi and City’s defence have faded away :058:

City are up third on MotD

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/motd-gary-lineker-on-chelsea-man-city/

No prizes for guessing who's first :010:

No, I'm not watching the Sky 'game of the day' re-run, even though that's the only time I'll watch that mob (when they're getting/got beaten) :006: