City 3 Burnley 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Page 2 | Vital Football

City 3 Burnley 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Great result against toug(, well organised, hard working opponents.

De Bruyne’s pass for Sane’s goal was exquisite as was Silva’s pass to De Bruyne in the build up to the penalty was equally as good :005:

Pope for Huddersfield was superb and made a number of excellent saves :001:

The penalty ‘debate’ - can’t see what the fuss is about. Pope’s knee comes down on Bernardo’s foot trapping it against the floor and you can see his ankle twist. If a defender did the same with his foot and stood on his opponent’s foot causing the same trip it would be a foul (penalty) so I cannot fathom what I there I saw to discuss.

Sean Dyche needs to get a grip and be a bit braver because if he wants to call someone a cheat he should be more honest with himself and not hide behind the snide accusations about how “high a player can jump being a skill in itself”. Don’t claim to. Be ‘plain speaking’ and then obfuscate with thinly veiled comments which imply cheating - come right out and say it Sean.

At least on MotD the verdict was unanimous that it was a penalty although I disagree about their description of Bernardo’s fall being ‘theatrical’. You can see his ankle get twisted, that is quite painful as any of us who have done that playing football will know, and he just pitches forward.

Dyche’s description (albeit perhaps without benefit of seeing a replay) is an exaggeration of quite disappointing proportions

Skoorb - 22/10/2017 07:16

At least on MotD the verdict was unanimous that it was a penalty although I disagree about their description of Bernardo’s fall being ‘theatrical’. You can see his ankle get twisted, that is quite painful as any of us who have done that playing football will know, and he just pitches forward.

Dyche’s description (albeit perhaps without benefit of seeing a replay) is an exaggeration of quite disappointing proportions

we had that Phil Neville initially thought it was a dive, but Roger East was in a great position to see, from where i was sat it looked a penalty as Pope slid in to Bernardo, but Sergio was cool and calm and slotted it away.

Burnley layers that started the kerfuffle, need to apologise to Bernardo for saying it was a dive.

As for the match it was I might say a good defensive team well drilled in preventing too much for the opposition in front of goal. The Penalty would not have changed the outcome as we were penetrating the defensive line but did not quite have our killer shooting boots on.

I think The Napoli game affected us somewhat, but we just wore them down in the end Nico's header was brilliant and another standard pass from twinkle toes into the path of Leroy Sané and he finished well this time instead of rushing it as he had previously.

Burnley had no shot on goal but Eddy was brave and not intimidated when pressed and as expected to lump it up field he did the opposite and we passed our way out.

I am in danger of being smug and over confident because I was disappointed we only scored three :002:

“I am in danger of being smug and over confident because I was disappointed we only scored three”

Guardiola Out :103:

It just goes to show it's not how much you spend, but what you spend it on.

I know we are not even a third in to the season, but we look better than last season and even Hoddle is not questioning our playing out from the back, because lots of other teams have started doing it too.

Agreed BD they were big lads and under Dyche i think they will improve, in his post match presser he praised the team and said even though our game was to press them hard, we just could not keep it up, they were too good - They are a fantastic team'

On the penalty he said there was contact and therefore a penalty, he made it clear there was no suggestion of a dive, but he did say that Bernardo went down theatrically. Dyche then expounded on cheating or simulation as the FA like to call it, but he did make it clear that he was talking about other players and not Bernardo.

Shit stirring ***** in the Mirror

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/bernardo-silva-find-out-monday-11390116

"Bernardo Silva to find out on Monday if he'll become first Premier League star to face FA diving trial"

Interesting the images they use when this one is doing the rounds on social medua

Attachments

• IMG_20171023_075434.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
That is shit-stirring of the highest order and quite typical of the source. There was clearly contact as Bd’s image shows but the captions under their pictures are all about casting doubt. The image shared by BD clearly shows his ankle is twisted as Pope’s knee presses down on his foot. If you stood on someone’s foot in the same way when making a challenge it would be a foul (& a penalty). The question is specious and the ‘debate’ irrelevant.

There was no theatre in Bernardo going down contrary to Dyche’s “mind games” and disingenuous BS at his press conference. Bernardo does not fling out his arms - he does what anyone does when they are tripped/are falling - he puts them out to break his fall.

I have been wondered what else he is supposed to do........hold them to his side like a ‘torpedo’? Extend them straight and directly over his head as if he is actually diving off the 10m board at the local Lido?

FFS. As Buzz says, if this is what they have to revert to because they cannot criticise the defence or the keeper or the tactics or the style of play or the coach........ :058:

Dyche’s postmatch :080:

“For him to get that high off the floor with his arms above his head is almost a skill in itself. I was quite impressed with how far he travelled.”

Worthy of Maureen :033:

The Torygraph jumping on the bandwagon

Hackett does everything but call Bernardo Silva a cheat.

I wish they would be more honest and have the courage of their conviction. If you think someone is a cheat then have the bottle to say so - don’t hide behind mealy-mouthed euphemisms.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/22/joke-diving-continues-premier-league-two-game-bans-long-overdue/

I say again - I cannot see why it is contentious. Pope’s knee lands on his opponent’s foot and the player’s ankle is twisted. Anywhere else that is a foul, it is not a legal challenge therefore it is a penalty.

Twat

No action to be taken against Bernardo.

His card is now marked though after the bollix in the media, take a bow Sean Dyche, David McDonnel, Jim Whyte and Talksport.

Last season it was Sane, the season before Sterling.

You're right, Dub, cards have been marked, You can take this how you want to, but the words 'media' and 'agenda' immediately spring to mind.
If I'm writing nonsense, please feel free to correct me.

It’s an utter disgrace especially as there is no dispute that there was solid contact.

You can bet the mortgage that had that been Rashnaldo there would not have been this manufactured fuss and the mantra would have been.....

“well, if felt the lad’s felt contact he has every right to go down. Pope caught him, there’s no doubt so he’s been very clever to draw the foul. Definitely a penalty. Great work by the young England forward”

:017: