Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Stats Link:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=587072

<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2017. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

Phil Neville

Former England & Man Utd defender on BBC Radio 5 live

City are like a runaway train at the moment. I think Manchester United are the only team that can catch them but if they don't pick up the three points today, eight points is a big gap. City are playing football on a different level from everyone else at the moment.

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium

That must have been extremely painful for Arsene Wenger.

Manchester City knocked it about for over 20 passes just then without a visiting player touching the ball.

Needless to say, the home fans greeted every one with an 'Ole' as Arsenal chased possession.

Johnny Baguette - 5/11/2017 16:12

Phil Neville

Former England & Man Utd defender on BBC Radio 5 live

City are like a runaway train at the moment. I think Manchester United are the only team that can catch them but if they don't pick up the three points today, eight points is a big gap. City are playing football on a different level from everyone else at the moment.

Are Stretford that good?

Waiting for the Wenger Moanathon..........”was not a penalty, Sterling fouled Monreal I thought, it was poor by the referee and Silva was for sure offside, the linesman should have seen that.”

By Stephan Shemilt
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41792812

Manchester City outclassed Arsenal to open up an eight-point lead at the top of the Premier League for a few hours at least.

Petr Cech:

"At 2-1 we got back into the game and we were in it, we had time to search for the equaliser but the third goal makes a huge difference.

"I can't comment on the penalty because of my angle, but the third goal, I was surprised. David Silva looked far behind everybody but the referee has a better view than me.

"Referees have a difficult job to do. I don't know if he got it right or wrong but that goal made the difference."

Skoorb - 5/11/2017 16:20

Waiting for the Wenger Moanathon..........”was not a penalty, Sterling fouled Monreal I thought, it was poor by the referee and Silva was for sure offside, the linesman should have seen that.”

especially when DS21 was on the same side of the field that he was and the result was unjust and did not reflect the game at all, It should have been 10

Kevin de Bruyne:

"We know Arsenal are a quality side but I think we contained them quite well. We created more chances and the third goal came at a good time. We should also have scored the second one in the first half. We kept our composure well and it is a great win for us.

"Obviously, it was great to score as it put us ahead and it's always nice every time you score. Maybe we got the benefit from the referee but the penalty was the second one of its type in the game. He had to give a penalty.

"The more you win, the more other teams want to beat you. It's been a great start for us so let's see what other games bring."

Pep:

"Considering we played Champions League game in midweek and they rested all week we were so strong. We won and we deserved it. We played well and the players again did an amazing job so we are happy. Two months without a draw is a lot. It says that in our mind we are strong but for us it is game by game. My wish now is the players come back from the international break healthy."

Sky's player ratings

Man City: Ederson (6), Walker (7), Stones (6), Otamendi (6), Delph (6), Fernandinho (7), Silva (8), Sane (7), De Bruyne (8), Sterling (7), Aguero (7)

Subs: Gundogan (6), Jesus (7), Silva (NA)

http://www.skysports.com/football/man-city-vs-arsenal/373200

More from Pep:

"We said you will be more tired after Napoli but I said you cannot be more tired in your head. The body language in the second half was good. Arsenal made a good high pressing. When we counter attack in that position, we missed the last action and that’s why it was difficult to close the game."